• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Not able to give weapons to crew

Since some update(currently I am playing Build 14 Beta 3.4) I am not able to give or change any of the weapons to the crew I take ashore with me. Though the option to do so still remains within the dialog. Is there any way to get this feature back?

They are automatically supplied now based on your player level. Saves you the trouble of micro-managing.

Still, would be nice to have it back or both features at the same time, since now one isn't able to access their inventory at all. Better yet, would be awesome if they used the weapons from the weapons locker rather than out of nowhere assigned ones.

I like the Weaponslocker idea best and I think I ever suggested it before.
Can't remember now why @Jack Rackham used a different approach.... :oops:

I vaguely remember (and i could be wrong) from testing different attempts that jack made to get the land crew working that a few issues kept coming up inconsistently where they wouldn't get weapons or guns or anything at all and that the easiest solution at the time was giving them x sword and y pistol based on your level.

Jack would know exactly what happened i am just putting my vague memory out there :pirate07:

Not big of a deal really. But I sure hope this is going to receive some further improvement in the future! An outstanding job on this game has been done already as it is! Impossible not to love it. :doff

Maybe. Some time. But we have a LOT of other things we want to work on, so it's probably not going to be any time soon.

There's a very good reason why you can't access the crewmembers' inventories. People like me would steal their weapons. xD

You take a squad of crew ashore with you, go into their inventories, take all their weapons, return to ship, return to shore, repeat until you have a nice big stock. Then either sell the weapons, or hand them to your officers, and keep at least one for yourself if they're better than what you are already carrying. Then you put the rest into the weapons locker so the crew can use them when they really need good weapons, which is during the next boarding.

Oh well, I'll just have to steal the weapons honestly. From dead enemies, or by using the thief's knife on unsuspecting guards. :rpirate (Because your crew are not only immune to you raiding their inventories, they're also immune to a thief's knife. You can't blame a pirate for trying, though. xD)

Wait a minute , you can use thief's knife to steal from people inventory's ? you learn something new every day xD i had no idea you could do that.

Wait a minute , you can use thief's knife to steal from people inventory's ? you learn something new every day xD i had no idea you could do that.
Yes, that's what it's for. The target must not be alert, you can't steal a sword from someone who is trying to hit you with it! And that means using it automatically gets you a -2 reputation for hitting someone who hasn't drawn a blade. Also, it doesn't always work, sometimes the target notices you and becomes hostile, and so do his friends, which means if you try to mug some random civilian and get caught, you're in for a big fight. (And getting caught gets you a bigger reputation loss than just -2.)

Stealing weapons from a town guard leaves him wandering around unarmed for the rest of the game. I felt so bad about that that I rearmed them later so they could defend themselves. It is better to just kill them and then take their weapons.

I prefer the cobblestone for that. It knocks them out and then I get lots of points when killing them with no negative points.

I tried it out during my last play session. If I steal a guards's weapons and then go to another part of the town, he has them back again when I return to his area. However, he still wanders off the same way he would have done when he didn't have his weapons replaced.

Conversely, if I pick the pocket of a permanent resident and give the person a weapon, that character keeps it and is still carrying it even after I've sailed away out of sight of the island on the worldmap, stayed there for a day and then returned. This isn't really a problem, partly because hardly anyone is going to sacrifice a reputation point or two to be generous to a townsperson and partly because having one of them armed isn't going to do much to the game, unless you start trouble and the character then starts hitting you with the sword you donated. :D

I tried it out during my last play session. If I steal a guards's weapons and then go to another part of the town, he has them back again when I return to his area. However, he still wanders off the same way he would have done when he didn't have his weapons replaced.
They start wandering off after you did that? Must be due to the LAi group changes.
That might deserve a Bug Tracker entry. It was reported before for item traders.

Back