• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Not that I'm actually brand new

Darkhymn

Freebooter
Storm Modder
Some of you probably know me from the CoAS boards. I've been bothering people (particularly the modders) over there for a few days now. I played AoP: CT for a while not So long ago, and then managed to get my hands on CoAS a few months ago. Ran across this site a couple of weeks ago and finally decided to register so that I could annoy you all at my leisure. :rolleyes: Actually I registered almost exclusively to gripe about the horrible things that CMv3 made me want to do. About two hours later I was over that little fit and actually loving the mod... and I decided to stick around and try being constructive. Which lasted about 5 minutes. I now spend my time hunting down and reporting all sorts of tiny bugs to keep Luke and OP (and the rest of the modders) from getting lazy. What's better is that I also managed to procure a copy of PotC, so soon I'll be able to bother the build modders, too! :woot

On a completely unrelated note, Pandora just played a song called Nancy the Tavern Wench by a band named Alestorm... On my black symphonic/doom metal station. I had a good chuckle.

Anyway, this is me saying hello officially (and extending fair warning to the build modders). Hopefully in my time here I'll figure out the mentally challenged Russian file/command structure and actually contribute something. Hopefully.

Also, I apologize for my horrid sense of humor. Even I don't find it funny.

Peace, rum, and artillery,
Darkhymn

Let me be the first to welcome you officially to the forum then!
I'll be looking especially forward to PotC Build Mod comments. :cheeky

Welcome aboard Darkhymn! Without input from people like you, the modders wouldn't know if they had gotten something right or wrong. It's that kind of input that has kept this community alive and active for years! If you haven't seen them yet, I would highly recommend you have a look at the manuals that were released with the POTC Build Mod New Horizons. They give a fairly detailed history of PA, and there are some good modding tutorials written by the original modders that will help you to understand a bit more about just how the code works in POTC and the Build Mod. CoAS is a bit different code wise, but the basics are still the same.

Welcome aboard Darkhymn! Without input from people like you, the modders wouldn't know if they had gotten something right or wrong. It's that kind of input that has kept this community alive and active for years! If you haven't seen them yet, I would highly recommend you have a look at the manuals that were released with the POTC Build Mod New Horizons. They give a fairly detailed history of PA, and there are some good modding tutorials written by the original modders that will help you to understand a bit more about just how the code works in POTC and the Build Mod. CoAS is a bit different code wise, but the basics are still the same.

CoAS appears to be basically C. However, the sheer amount of custom scripting makes it hard for an amateur like myself to just pick up and run with. I think I'm starting to make progress in regards to being able to read, understand, and - to some (very) limited extent - replicate it. I'm hoping to figure out what I'm doing to a functional extent sooner rather than later, and jump right in... Right now my biggest issue is knowing what references what (if I change 'file a,' what else will I have to change to reflect it, etc). After my next sleep cycle the CoAS modding forum will probably acquire a new thread requesting details on those exact types of things, as I try to work out details for an idea of FireBat's that I'm trying to help him implement/expand on.

Welcome Matey!
Glad to see you introducing yerself to the rest of the crew. Thagarr is absolutly right. Without your niput we wouldnt know about issues. Also, seeing as you have some coding expierence (more than me thas for sure) you can help us fix the issues as well :cheeky

Welcome Aboard :dance

Agreed; input from players is, as far as I'm concerned, as valuable as the modding itself.
Without input, we can do what we think is nice, but we won't know for sure until we get feedback.

Although CoAS and PotC do have some different code, the basics are very much the same.
A LOT of PotC modding knowledge can be applied straight to CoAS.

Back