• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Unconfirmed Bug NPCCharacter bug causing surrendered captains to not appear.

Souseiseki

Landlubber
In my current save, anytime a ship surrenders and I board it, the captain does not appear causing me to be stuck on the ship and reload a save. This happens every time a ship surrenders on my current save. It has something to do with the NPC character class. Is there a way to fix this? I don't want to start all over again. This has happened on two different profiles now..

Attachments

• no captain.png
    no captain.png
    3 MB · Views: 53
  • error.log
    279 bytes · Views: 58
Here's the saved game, and this is on the latest build 14. (Jan. 1, 2022)

Attachments

• -=Beatrice=- Barbados. Speightstown store October 10th, 1683.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 56
This is on the final Build 14 (Jan. 1, 2022). Recently in my saved game, anytime a ship surrenders and I go to board it, the surrendered captain does not appear causing me to be stranded on the ship unable to continue. I had this happen on a different save too and it gives me no choice but to start all over. Is there any fix for this? I've included the necessary files for anyone interested. Its the Beatrice one. All you have to do is board the ship to see the issue. Ive included the compile and error log files too. Can anyone help me?

Attachments

• compile.log
    3.6 KB · Views: 49
  • error.log
    90 bytes · Views: 56
  • SAVE.rar
    7.2 MB · Views: 58
I'll have a look at the saved games when I have time. This is odd, though. There were a couple of bugs which caused this problem but which should have been fixed ages ago. One was an experimental version of the game about 5-6 years ago which is not in circulation now. The other was to do with hired and executed prisoners not being properly handled; this one was fixed three years ago and the fix should be in the 2022 installer.

Have a look at this thread:
Fixed - Marie Celeste
Try downloading the "console.c" file in post #23. Put that into the "PROGRAM" folder, start the game, load up your saved game and press F12 to run the console. Then see if the captain appears.

IT WORKED! Thank you so much. Yeah apparently this seems to be a reoccurring bug. I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered this. Surely I'm not the only one, but the console file worked and now the captain appears.

The thing is, that bug is supposed to have been fixed. What exactly have you been doing to captains which you captured before the bug hit? Hiring and firing them, hiring and keeping them, executing them, releasing them for ransom?

Also, could you upload your versions of the files "PROGRAM\Dialog_func.c" and "PROGRAM\DIALOGS\Prisoned_dialog.c"? They're the files which should be clearing ex-prisoners to make room for new captured captains.

Back