• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Octopus Bay, Martinique (Shore_6) Texture Error

Talisman

Smuggler
Storm Modder
In Build 14 Beta 3-4

I keep getting entries in the system log for missing textures.

1) at Octopus Bay the sand has gone very dark.

2) On the world Map around Santiago, Cuba - there are small areas of black that sometimes flicker:shrug

See images

B14_B3_4 Octopus Bay Texture1.jpg

B14_B3_4 Octopus Bay Texture2.jpg

B14_B3_4 World Map Texture.jpg

Attachments

• compile.log
    32.8 KB · Views: 64
  • system.log
    16.4 KB · Views: 68
I complained about that sand on that beach months ago when the upgraded locations were first installed and nobody listened. So I quit complaining. It has been like that for over 6 months.

I don't remember hearing anything about the sand there. Do you remember when it got messed up? Perhaps a texture got wrongly overwritten.

These don't look missing textures though.
Those are generally bland Gray, not black.

The world map case looks like UV mapping errors. Most of the island models are just mapped from a top-down view onto the textures, so there is some stretching around the edges.
The black areas are probably where the edges are slightly off and bleed onto the black surroundings of the texture.

That beach is at Cuba and Martinique. Possibly somewhere else too.

I complained about that beach last summer when all those huge cities got added.

I complained about that beach last summer when all those huge cities got added.
I must have missed it inbetween the other concerns.
Next week I'll be near my full game archive again. Remind me then and I'll see if any textures got overwritten that should be restored.

Confirmed by checking the location model with GM Viewer.
It only uses 4 textures so if the problem wasn't there before, it must be one of those.
My suspicion is on "BumpDust.tga.tx" because that was edited in 2011 and is therefore much newer than the game itself.

If anyone has access to Beta 3.2 or earlier, please take that file and put it in Beta 3.4 and see if that makes a difference.
I would do it myself, but I won't be near my game archive until somewhere next week.

No idea when that file was changed. Have only tested Octupus Bay so I don't know if anyhting else
got wrong. If that happens we can use 2 texture files.

This bug could have occured when importing models (and their textures) from AOP/COAS (most likely).
They can have a file with the same name but a little different

Something similar happened to me with weapons. The files en2.tga en3.tga are a result of that in ammo folder.

Back