• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Odd combo of patches and SuperMod

Desert Plah

Landlubber
To start with, AoP works on my machine. I'm not sure how, as I believe I screwed something up, and that I might have SuperMod installed beneath or on top of the 1.5 patch. I could be wrong.

I was having problems getting it to run without the ENGINE.exe problem at startup with the SuperMod, so I tried some strange zombie concoction of 1.5 and the supermod. Don't know how, but it works.

From what I've read, that shouldn't be happening, and it may not be the best setup. Is the version that comes on DVD version 1.42, and how can I tell? (Without opening up the program, because it's a tad modded, you see.)

My question, to get best results, should I do a clean install of 1.42 and the Supermod (with updates)? And if I do that, what should I do if I'm still getting the Engine.exe startup problem?

(wow, I don't make much sense today…)

Take a look at the earlier <a href="http://www.piratesahoy.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=11050" target="_blank">thread about engine.exe problems</a> - basically, what sort of graphics card are you using, and have you taken any measures to defeat Starforce?

The usual recommendation is to install the Supermod over a clean AoP install from DVD, i.e. do not install the version 1.5 patch first. However, I don't believe it makes much difference as the Supermod overwrites a lot of things. I've seen a couple of bugs re-appear after installing Supermod over 1.5 which were previously fixed by 1.5, and any bugs which I saw while playing Supermod installed over 1.5, I saw again after I'd uninstalled the lot, re-installed clean from DVD and re-installed Supermod.

As mentioned in the previous thread, if you ever ran AoP without the Supermod and without any other form of NoDVD patch, your PC is probably infested with Starforce, so your first move should be to get rid of that.

Back