• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Odd textures...

murphy9926

Landlubber
Just installed the new build and i notice some very off things right from the start. Hoping someone could give me a hand. In the past ive used on of the old version and had no issues so im a bit confused.

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    687 KB · Views: 104
  • 1.png
    1.png
    255.9 KB · Views: 111
Did you follow all the steps below?
CRUCIAL INSTALLATION TIPS:

1. You MUST install this on top of the unmodified stock game
Pirates of the Caribbean, released in 2003 by Akella.
The mod is NOT a standalone game!

2. You MUST install Build 14 Beta 2.1 Full first!!!
3. Allow the installer to run RunMe.bat upon completion
- DON'T install the game to Program Files,
otherwise Windows prevents it from installing correctly
Install to, for example, C:\Games\Pirates of the Caribbean

I followed all of those but.....the RunMe.bat...should that have been done before i applied the patch or after. That may have been what i did wrong. Ill re-install

You should first FULLY install Beta 2.1 and run its RunMe.bat . Then install Beta 2.5 and run the new RunMe.bat .

Ahoy there!

I followed all these steps, and everything seems fine with my game - except... It seems the water textures are missing...
It is just white'ish and lifeless..

Anyone had similar issues? And have any suggestions?

I have a high end comp. And run with Windows 8.

I am installing the game and the mod on my girlfriends identical computer today, so will see if the same happens there.

And I just want at the same time to thank you guys for creating this mod... It seems awesome. And what little I have tried already is just thrilling!

It is everything we ever wanted Potc to be - and we really look forward to Hearts Of Oak :)
Good fortune and fair winds to you on your development!

We have actually been trawling the net to get our hands on a Potc copy - only to be able to try out and play this mod. It has not been easy as most sites which had the original game do not ship to our country.

But finally I managed to get my hands on one :)
I used to play Potc allot, but weather and winds (and my Kids... :p) have rendered my old copy unplayable...

What graphics card do you have?

Is the sea white before installing the modpack too?

Hey again!

I went home and installed the game on my girlfriends computer (as stated, they are identical) - And I ran the original game there before installing the mods. The ocean texture was fine on the original version, but gone when both mods had been installed.

I installed the enhanced Texture options, and also checked the Intel fix on the mods. (as I also did on my computer when installing the mods)

There is "some" blur collours if I look on the ocean from straight above - and also some smaller wave texture.

It seems it is the reflections and other components that makes the "smaller" waves that are missing.
And what is left is a white'ish (slightly blue) ocean that looks almost like it always has a 30cm fog layer over it.

We both run on Nvidia GeForce GTX 660

Hahaha...

I have just come to the same conclusion (facepalm).....:p
I was just testing the 2.1 mod as I am reinstalling it on my own computer to see if it was that - and of course it was :p
Almost done reinstalling the 2.5 mod without the Intel Fix ;)

Thanks for your quick responses Mr. Boelen! :)

Everything works as a charm now ;)

It is even better than I first expected!!!

every mates to who i show that game are totally in a dream :D most of my friends who love RPG and hardly play it just play only POTC + Build when they meet it (i know much of them stopping the elder scrolls or so :p )

:rofl

Well, it IS getting to pretty awesome levels lately. Bug levels are quickly decreasing and what new stuff we add tends to be on the VERY COOL side!
I especially like the new Worldmap and the Curse of the Black Pearl being added as a real playable curse. :dance

Back