• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Offer of Service - Creative Support and Brainstorming, Quest Writing and/or Game Promotion

El Vlado

Powder Monkey
I'm interested in helping out anywhere really, but seeming it is an application would like to help with creative support and brainstorming (because I totally love brainstorming and teamwork!!), quest writing (in assisting in the more character and other driven writing) and/or advertising and game promotion. Below I'll write a bit about my experiences, though they're not in the gaming domain.

I have recently graduated from University with a Bachelor of Arts and a Bachelor of Laws, and thus have knowledge of the fundamentals of Intellectual Property Law (dealing with music, film and games) and other legal disciplines. I also have a Bachelor of Arts maj. Global and International Studies/French and a minor in History, as well as Human Rights and Ethics. I speak 6 languages all fluently, though the written aspect of two are yet to be developed. I was also President in 2012, Director in 2011, Treasurer in 2010 and other various positions within student organisations at university when I was studying for 5 years. How can this be useful?

Most importantly I can bring my skills in research, brainstorming, teamwork, negotiation in working as a team. During years of executive responsibilities in various organisations, teamwork and brainstorming was really important in gaining the successes that we did :) Brainstorming and being creative in implementing ways to improve the organisation was something that I had to do frequently in fundraising activities, in organising events for members, as well as the overall objectives of the organisations. It also required me to recruit members to the organisations, using a whole range of print and electronic media, song and video to inspire people to join. Through years of teamwork, I have become to love working in a team, and thrive in such environments. Thus, I can bring these skills to the fore - in researching and providing information on legal, historical, social or any other type of information, to bring ideas and other creative applications to the project, and to do anything else that is required to make the project succeed.

Second to those skills I can bring the knowledge that I have acquired. I love History, and my passion for the Age of Sail and its history can assist in the project. My legal knowledge in the 'Common Law' (i.e. UK/US/Australia/etc) system can also assist in discussions pertaining to legal issues, which I can assist on through my knowledge of Intellectual Property Law, but most importantly my skills in getting the legal information of any jurisdiction and for any issue that is required.

Third is my ability to be creative. I love being creative, and love story-making, books, and fiction. I have done quite alot of roleplaying in the past few years and am quite creative in making plots for stories, I have made several roleplaying elements in the past as well as writing biographical stories for characters :) I can also create videos and movies on the computer (though not the best), and am experienced in promotions and marketing through my presidency and executive status throughout years of leadership and roles at Secondary and Tertiary education. An example of a video I once made for a human rights unit:

I hope that wasn't too boring lol. xD I wish that was more game-focussed than it was real-life focussed, but those are the skills I can bring to this project. I'm happy to do whatever really, but overall I'm just excited to see what Hearts of Oak will eventually be, and I hope I can assist. I saw the Hearts of Oak banner on top of the forums so I thought I'd offer my skills if they can help out :onya Keep up the awesome work, looking forward to helping out as much as possible to this project.

Welcome aboard! It sounds like you have plenty of skills that should be useful. Your legal expertise is definitely something we need. We are still a long way from storyline creation, but your creative support and legal skills should be of use quite soon! I wish I had more time to reply properly, but in short, Welcome!

Back