• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Offering to help - modelling general

Giony

HoO Team Member
3D Artist
Animator
i have more than average 3dsmax knowledge.
i can make low poly arhitecture, automotives, and whatevah' you need . except organics ... i'm not good enough there.
i can bake then AO, Normal bump, from a high poly.
now i'm playing with dDo.

about vertex painting ... this is new to me i don't know to use it .. yet :)
so. if you need .. extras i have some time in my hand to help.
i'm building a portofolio anyway.
as yo ucan see texture .. ehm is not my strong point, yet :). but i'm working hard on it

Attachments

• ScreenShot0035.jpg
    ScreenShot0035.jpg
    406.8 KB · Views: 90
  • ScreenShot0009.jpg
    ScreenShot0009.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 95
  • ScreenShot0008.jpg
    ScreenShot0008.jpg
    294.5 KB · Views: 103
  • taraba2.jpg
    taraba2.jpg
    286.3 KB · Views: 99
  • well1.jpg
    well1.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 108
That is great! We are going to need a LOT of static assets created, so I think you will have plenty to play with. Can you make weapons? We need a few of those made for testing in the next few weeks.

I have an ideea about making weapons; never made one but won't be that hard .. i've made a shovel :))) still counts as a weapon ? :) .. saw the AK tutorial from dDo .. gimme a weapon name (i'll google the rest), and reference and see what i can do and how fast, and also the budget (budget - talking in poly) and if you want it prepared for Cryengine or just the max model.

Right now Wedori is the lead modeler (for the CryDev project) and is building canons and ships (amazing ones btw), right now we need things like buildings, props, town structures, etc. Anything that would be found in a basic sea fairing town. Even basic items like a treasure chest would be welcome for testing. The weapons would be better directed in one of the forums for the coordinators since they know what period to build the weapons at. Any mid 1700's flint lock would be fine though.

ok, how am i gonna keep in contact ? is there a chat room somewhere or here via forum ?

One of the admins will add you to the appropriate group and you will see the sub forums for the modeling and such. Until then you can get a hold of me through Skype (info is on my profile).

Hi Giony, I've now added you to the 3D Artists group. Thanks for offering to help! :cheers

Back