• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

officer editing

Thoth

Landlubber
is it possible at all to modify the stats of the officers or save games i only got crap officers :p

You can edit the officers.c file under scripts to give them more skill points and demand less pay/ the two lines I found regarding these are:

Skillpoints: (I already edited mine)
int skillPoints = sti(characters[iChar].rank) + 150; //This is the officers starting skillpoints
int perkPoints = sti(characters[iChar].rank)/2 + 70;//These are for the special skills like gunner and such.

Pay (Originally it had 200 as the last multiplier so I reduced it.)
characters[iChar].quest.OfficerPrice = (sti(characters[iChar].skill.Leadership) + sti(characters[iChar].skill.Fencing) + sti(characters[iChar].skill.Gun) + sti(characters[iChar].skill.Sailing) + sti(characters[iChar].skill.Accuracy) + sti(characters[iChar].skill.Cannons) + sti(characters[iChar].skill.Grappling) + sti(characters[iChar].skill.Repair) + sti(characters[iChar].skill.Defence) + sti(characters[iChar].skill.Commerce) + sti(characters[iChar].skill.Sneak) + skillPoints -11)*2; //Greatly reduces officer starting salary.

You can also edit their starting equipment by editing the following lines.

string sBlade = "blade1"; //This is the default blade most get
sBlade = "blade3"; //This is under the fighter

GiveItem2Character(&characters[iChar], sBlade); //gives blade
EquipCharacterByItem(&characters[iChar], sBlade); //equips blade
GiveItem2Character(&characters[iChar], "gun7");
EquipCharacterByItem(&characters[iChar], "gun7");
GiveItem2Character(&characters[iChar], "spyglass4");
EquipCharacterByItem(&characters[iChar], "spyglass4");

I added the gun and spyglasses.

I am working to see what else I can edit, like their loyalty and constant pay raise requests.

But I am having trouble. I can't seem to regulate and raise loyalty without pay increases. But I want to remove my officers asking for pay increases at all since every now and then I get stuck in the cabin and I can't get out. And reloading doesn't help.

Any Ideas?

Back