• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Confirmed Bug Officer HP Difference Before and After Hiring

Jason

Buccaneer
Storm Modder
One thing I have noticed is that hire officers the hp they show when you check them is always hire than what the have if you actually hire them.

One thing I have noticed is that hire officers the hp they show when you check them is always hire than what the have if you actually hire them.
Possibly there is a ResetHP that occurs when they are hired. But that shouldn't actually change it.
Does this apply to ALL methods of hiring officers? Perhaps, for simplicity's sake, I should remove the HP display from the officer display until after you hired the officer.
There is a direct relation between Rank and HP anyway and on each level-up this is reset. The only thing that can increase this is an HPBonus which regular officers should not have.

Possibly there is a ResetHP that occurs when they are hired. But that shouldn't actually change it.
Does this apply to ALL methods of hiring officers? Perhaps, for simplicity's sake, I should remove the HP display from the officer display until after you hired the officer.
There is a direct relation between Rank and HP anyway and on each level-up this is reset. The only thing that can increase this is an HPBonus which regular officers should not have.

It does apply to hiring all types of officers. Please do not remove HP prior to hiring. Relative differences in HP is my most important criteria for hiring officers.

It does apply to hiring all types of officers. Please do not remove HP prior to hiring. Relative differences in HP is my most important criteria for hiring officers.
There goes the simple solution out the wind. :facepalm

:wpWell if nothing else after you hire a few you can get a relative idea of the relative difference b/w what you see and what you get so you can set a minimum number you see before you hire.

Is the number not always fixed per character rank? I thought it should be.

I don't think so but I am not sure. I will pay attention to that the next time I get back to the game.
Thanks. If they're not the same per rank before hiring, they certainly ARE intended to be afterwards.
If I recall, the maximum HP can be easily calculated as:
Code:
40 + 10 * rank

Thanks. If they're not the same per rank before hiring, they certainly ARE intended to be afterwards.
If I recall, the maximum HP can be easily calculated as:
Code:
40 + 10 * rank

Well if I do that math with one of my officers who is at level 35 and I have the HP bump set at 12 as to 10, I would get 40+12 * 35 = 1820 if I divide by the difficulty level 3 I get 606 hp and that actual officer in my game has actual HP of 363.

Now I am not sure if this relates to the initial problem of the differing hp levels before and after hiring and I am not sure that any of this has any significant impact on game play so I don't think there is any need to address any of this anytime soon.

You changed the HP per level to 12? That might explain it; I don't think non-standard values for that work quite right. :facepalm

Well I have had it 10 for every game I have played and I think to pre hire and post HPs are still different, but I can put it back for my next game and see.

Just so you know, I'm putting together another installer now with some large behind-the-scenes changes.
So if you are considering starting a new game, I'd recommend you wait until that one is posted.... :wp

Back