• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Officer Loyalty in CM 3.2

Radrunner

Powder Monkey
I know that officer loyalty was (finally and thankfullly) fixed so that neutral reputation officers would no longer have their loyalty steadily tank. My understanding is that neutral reputation officers now gain and loose loyalty based on the reputation of the majority of your other officers. i.e. if the majority of your officers are trusted sailors, then good deeds will improve neutral officers loyalty and bad things reduce it.

My question stemming from this is that a lot more officers have been added through the CMV... a lot of "unique" officers, such as Blaze and Beatrice who can now make a return from the previous AoP game. My question, is given these unique officers are just that, is their reputation fixed? i,e, will Davy Jones always be a Bloody Assassin as far as reputation goes? Or might I one game discover him as a trusted sailor? I know that their reputations are fixed on game creation. But is their a random element that comes in for determining officer reputation when I begin a new game?

Thanks!

I'm not sure but I believe it's somewhat random with added officers. Or it could be just my poor perception and dodgy memory.

Anyway, in vanilla there were both negative and positive neutrals, so with some loyalty could increase if you were naughty. And that fix, as far as I remember was for quest officers (Workman, etc...) which had loyalty dropping like stone no matter what you did.

Back