• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Officer Loyalty

adcliff

Landlubber
I have soom good officers but in about 3 cases their loyalty keeps dropping and is now at 'Rebellious'. I can't see any reason for this.
Any clues how to appease them?

<!--quoteo(post=336741:date=Jul 12 2009, 08:34 PM:name=adcliff)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (adcliff @ Jul 12 2009, 08:34 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=336741"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I have soom good officers but in about 3 cases their loyalty keeps dropping and is now at 'Rebellious'. I can't see any reason for this.
Any clues how to appease them?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You can check my post in tips and tricks how to adjust loyalty but basicly there are 2 things you can do:
1. Do the merchants FedEx tasks
2. Board small vessels which surrender AND leave the captured ship go free (together with the crew and the captain of course).

The second option seems much harder but actually it is not. Find a fast ship with about 200 crew and hire good bosun and you will capture lots of small ships.

<!--quoteo(post=336752:date=Jul 12 2009, 02:59 PM:name=Handel)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Handel @ Jul 12 2009, 02:59 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=336752"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=336741:date=Jul 12 2009, 08:34 PM:name=adcliff)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (adcliff @ Jul 12 2009, 08:34 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=336741"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I have soom good officers but in about 3 cases their loyalty keeps dropping and is now at 'Rebellious'. I can't see any reason for this.

You can check my post in tips and tricks how to adjust loyalty but basicly there are 2 things you can do:
1. Do the merchants FedEx tasks
2. Board small vessels which surrender AND leave the captured ship go free (together with the crew and the captain of course).

The second option seems much harder but actually it is not. Find a fast ship with about 200 crew and hire good bosun and you will capture lots of small ships.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Thanks for the response, I'll give them a try.

I just pick all villainous officers and go plundering the enemies of my nation. If they surrender I take the captain prisoner and throw the crew over if there's something of value in their hold.

<!--quoteo(post=336741:date=Jul 12 2009, 11:34 AM:name=adcliff)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (adcliff @ Jul 12 2009, 11:34 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=336741"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I have soom good officers but in about 3 cases their loyalty keeps dropping and is now at 'Rebellious'. I can't see any reason for this.

I found the code for loyalty... <a href="http://forum.piratesahoy.net//index.php?showtopic=13960" target="_blank">http://forum.piratesahoy.net//index.php?showtopic=13960</a>

There are a lot of different titles, but there are only really 2 types of officers, Good >41 and Bad. This is on a scale of 100.

I am still working on a complete list of Good and Bad actions, but I can tell you that if you have any Neutral or above officers, you should never smuggle, attack a ship you are not at war with, of sink/capture a surrendered ship. You need to mod the code or just stick with evil officers if you want to have any fun with the game.

Back