• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Officer Skill Contribution on Companion Ships

Huh, in what way can you not attack pirate ships? Please elaborate...
Ok, I know it now: I was neutral to the pirates (must've been the quests I was doing for them) and so I didn't get a purely red "crosshair" and I couldn't fire on them:
darkend crosshair.jpg

So I tried reseting my relations to MIN, my ships attacked Pirates immediately and I could shoot on them as well :)

Now I'm confused.... what does and doesn't work now?
As it turns out, everything (skill related^^) does work :)
It was my fault not getting the fact about the officer roles...

But not because it is a First Mate, but because it is a captain.
Exactly; thanks for confirming :)

Ok, I know it now: I was neutral to the pirates (must've been the quests I was doing for them) and so I didn't get a purely red "crosshair" and I couldn't fire on them:
Some quests and/or the Standard Storyline could do that; though I don't now remember which one.

But if you don't want to be friendly with the Pirates, that is very easily rectified.
Just hoist a flag of a nation hostile to the Pirates (in other words, any of them), and you can capture/sink them to your heart's content. :cheeky

As it turns out, everything (skill related^^) does work :)
It was my fault not getting the fact about the officer roles...
Al-right then. Well, I'll gladly mark this one as "Fixed" again! :dance

Exactly; thanks for confirming :)
The simplest way to think of it really is that skill contribution on your companion ships basically works in exactly the same way as your own.
The only difference is that you can't have more than 3 officers and a captain on a companion.

@Mere_Mortal did some work on creating interfaces to make it more convenient to deal with passengers on companion ships.
See here: Brainstorming - Personal Modifications for Feedback and Testing | PiratesAhoy!
I never tried that myself (because I am very cautious after all the buggy stuff I've had to fix over the past year or so), but it is there and may be worth a try. :doff

Back