• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Officers don't equip netter heavy weapons then Estoc

Handel

Landlubber
As the topic says the officers think the best heavy weapon is the Estoc and refuse to equip anything better; so the only way I know to force-equip it is to dump them in a ship somewhere and to wait until they become lower level then the hero.
Any ideas why this and how to circumvent it?

<!--quoteo(post=335064:date=Jul 4 2009, 08:08 AM:name=Handel)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Handel @ Jul 4 2009, 08:08 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=335064"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->As the topic says the officers think the best heavy weapon is the Estoc and refuse to equip anything better; so the only way I know to force-equip it is to dump them in a ship somewhere and to wait until they become lower level then the hero.
Any ideas why this and how to circumvent it?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You are right but I don't know other way to force them then to be higer level than them.
The fact that you have a lower level then your officers will fix itself during the course of the game cause for anything you do you gain a lot more xp then them.
That's also why you have lower pirates skills than your officers - no matter your pirate skills you'll get ahead in rather short time because most of xp goes toward your abilities and much less goes for officers.

<!--quoteo(post=335064:date=Jul 4 2009, 03:08 PM:name=Handel)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Handel @ Jul 4 2009, 03:08 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=335064"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->As the topic says the officers think the best heavy weapon is the Estoc and refuse to equip anything better...........Any ideas why this and how to circumvent it?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
"Estoc" is one of the lightest heavy weapon, so much less energy consuming. That's why your officer thinks it is better than the more damage-giver but much heavier blades...and I also prefer lighter heavy weapons.

Back