• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

officers things

Cap'n Kennit

Landlubber
i'm having a slight problem, the manual for PotC is most likely in my old house... how do i give items, weapons etc. to my officers?

Cap'n Kennit,
The manual for POTC is not very forthcoming with useful tidbits of information, I do not think you will miss it. I have only just joined PA myself, but from what I have seen, the people on this site are very friendly and always willing to share information about the game.

If you are playing the PC version of the game, you walk over to the officer you want and press enter and a "menu" should come up on the bottom left of the screen, one of the options is a representation of an exchange; two arrows curving around each other in opposite directions. If you select this menu icon a screen appears with three lines: 1. the top line is your inventory, 2. the second line are the exchange options, and 3. the bottom line is your officer's inventory.

Move items from your inventory to your officers by using the arrow keys to move the cursor over the item you want to give away, and then click with the mouse on one of the buttons in the middle line that has an arrow that points down towards your officer.

You can take items from your officers if you have installed the Build that the PA modders have made for the game. If you have not installed the Build you can still get items from your officers, but you have to give the officer a "better" item than the one they already have to get them to unequip the item you want to get.

I hope this was helpful, let me know if anything I've said is unclear.

Back