• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Officers

Hathi

Landlubber
When i'm boarding me officer always be runnin to me like a wee lass, is there a way to order him to stop that?

NAh not really, only thing you can do is "un equip" them in the officer menu, that way you can still use them to captain captured ships, and they dont get into the fight. Although i thought in 10.1 the officers were well beefed up though

I'm trying to get em to become a 10 `melee-er` to assist me, he only has 5 at the moment.

It's great to "bring up" an officer like that, then they become your friends.

Hathi, suggestion - take your officers outside of the towns - outside the back gate - and run 'em around beating up on the baddies that are out there raping and robbing. OR go into the catacombs with the smugglers and let them at 'em... It's a great way to get them built up - you get the gear, they get the experience - and if they've all got "Shared Experience" in their experience section, then they all gain from each other. :cheers

Keith, I think they do, if they are set to take shared experience - but only at sea. I have noticed that sometimes during a sea battle some of the other officers or passengers will level up. They're not in my regular officer contingent, but they level up just the same.

Ye be right Catalina,they do get a smaller percentage of shared experience,dunno why,there gettin a free ride on me ship :blah:

Well, it might be a good thing too, I mean, you could take them on trips into town if their commerce skills were better than yours, but you wouldn't take them on a boarding party.

THen again, with some of the storms I've taken the Apollo through, I'm not surprised my passengers leveled up in experience points. They should at least get something for being bounced off the bulkheads like that!!

<!--`QuoteBegin-CatalinaThePirate`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CatalinaThePirate)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Well, it might be a good thing too, I mean, you could take them on trips into town if their commerce skills were better than yours, but you wouldn't take them on a boarding party.[/quote]

don't wanna take em tew a party o' any kind xD:

<!--`QuoteBegin-NathanKell`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NathanKell)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin--> barring surprises[/quote]

Better get some of those items that up your luck level, then maybe you won't get any surprises! (LOL!) :p:

Back