• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Officers

ViruZ

Landlubber
Hello!Since im 40(+20) points leadership i cant recruit more then 6 officers in my ship.
Now im 57(+20) and still with 6 officers max...
Whats so pity? I need more leader skill or?
Also on the tavern doesnt appear doctor,carpenter officers.
Im on 1667year

The amount of officer's you can hire is decided by authority, the leadership skill determins how skilled the offer's who will join you are.

I have 3 fighters, officers, and plus 3 extra navigators for capturing ships. As mentioned in the tips thread, buy a cheap ship(like tartarne), put it into storage assigning an officer with it. Once you lower your officer count like this you should be able to hire another one. But remember each port can only hold 3 ships, unless you use another port. Once you have all the officers you need, simply go back to the port control offices take back your ships and sell them voila you have extra officers.

The translation from russian is messed. Sometimes it says "authority" and sometimes says "leadership" which may be both leaderships and authority.

Actually I have some officers multitask once they have the multiask skill. I have a Datsun or Doc-bosun. I have Can-surer and Cannoneer-treasurer. It saves me some money since you don't have to pay them twice now. I'm
not sure how have an officer fill 3 positions at once affects their effectiveness in Battle? How could someone be a Doctor a Bosun and a Cannoneer at the same time?

Actually I have some officers multitask once they have the multiask skill. I have a Datsun or Doc-bosun. I have Can-surer and Cannoneer-treasurer. It saves me some money since you don't have to pay them twice now. I'm
not sure how have an officer fill 3 positions at once affects their effectiveness in Battle? How could someone be a Doctor a Bosun and a Cannoneer at the same time?

Multitasking is absolutely prime priority for non-fighter officers. This allows them to gain XP and perks from ebvery assigned jobs.
As for your second question - a cannoneer officers doesn't mean he reloads and shoots from all the 120 cannons during the battle. It means he is the guy who trains and organize them and supervise them being flogged when they become lazy. An army artillery colonel doesn't shoot the gun. Actually if he is a good colonel he should have nothing to do during the battle.

Back