• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

officers

What do you mean by "nations officers"? You can hire officers at any tavern, if there is any available. Just speak to the people in the tavern, the officers are usually more pirately dressed, while your usual tavern drunkards are dressed as normal citizens.

What do you mean by "nations officers"? You can hire officers at any tavern, if there is any available. Just speak to the people in the tavern, the officers are usually more pirately dressed, while your usual tavern drunkards are dressed as normal citizens.
its the ones u catch that are from the nations like spanish or french officers

It is possible to hire officers from other nations when they are ship captains you have captured by taking their ship.
They will be in your prisoner hold on your ship until they escape, you ransom them, you parole them(let them go),
or you hire them as a crew officer. It has been quite a while since I have done this, but it is a simple dialogue option that can fail easily.

I do believe this feature is in vanilla COAS, and I know for sure that it's in GOF2.0.

Like Scorpion said, after taking an enemy captain prisoner, he will appear in your ships cargo hold. Go there and speak to him and there will be several dialogue options. The option to offer him a job as an officer is not always there (dependent on several variables).

Also, if you do have the option to ask him to join, but he refuses, you can just keep asking him until he agrees. :) I usually let my prisoners go free to get the good rep. But a few times I've captured a captain that had really good stats and put him to work for me.

I'm unsure that nations officers (i mean military officers) are recruitable. The few time they have surrender and i emprisonned them, i could free, ransom, enslave or kill them. I never seen the option to enroll them in my crew.
However, for the other officer (civilian officers) this option exist. :rolleyes:

Maybe one of you knows a method to the enemy captain surrenders more often?!? I was easier when my character has less level than 20 level. Now, no captain surrender despite the devilish power my ships and crews hold. :wootxD

True, I don't remember ever having an actual military captain be recruitable. Pure assumption on my part, but I bet only the possible companion models listed in the games files can be recruited. Probably could be modded to work, but I fear it would take editing several game files. I'd like to look into that someday. (It'd be cool to have those fully armored Spaniards as fighter companions! Mwahaha) :yes

I use the Unmodded game. Just loaded up an old save and captured an English Officer so I could see if I could hire him in the hold.
I couldn't. I remembered incorrectly about military officers, sorry

Back