• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

OK, what have I missed.

Colosseum

Freebooter
Storm Modder
Wow, been a while since I've been on PA... almost two years, to be exact.

I've been playing the good old stock version of Pirates of the Caribbean and wishing there were a few features I could remember from the old Build 12 mod (hyperspeed, always run, etc).

Anyways, I see there are quite a few new mods out so if someone wants to give me a quick rundown on what's happened in my absence that would be great. :)

What's the last modpack version you've played?
We've been quite busy the past two years and have made some incredible progress on Build 14.
It's still officially in Alpha stage, but it's becoming very playable indeed.
And the new features we've added are absolutely stunning.
The latest release is Build 14 Alpha 9.5 Patch 3 and Alpha 9.5 Patch 4 should soon be released.
See the relevant thread for download links and installation instructions: http://forum.piratesahoy.net//index.php?/topic/12809-build-14-alpha-9/

To whet your appetite, we've been working on improving the game in pretty much all respects.
One of the main additions is the "Selectable Storylines" mod.
There is now several completely different main quests to choose from, each with different characters and twists and turns.
The original game's main quest is still there, but there's also the Pirats of the Caribbean film story,
as well as a quest based on the Horatio Hornblower character and the Bartolomeu o Portugues and Assassin ones.

There are different periods now and depending on the period, the soldiers will look different,
there are different ships at sea, the ships' flags will be correct, nation relations change,
islands and towns are renamed and towns are occupied by different nations.

Additionally, the Realistic Weather Mod makes weather changes much more smooth instead of random and sudden.
And the DirectSail mod allows you to sail from one island to another without having to use the worldmap.
Not to mention, you can finally capture towns and give them to other nations or take them for yourself.

Have a look at our ModDB Profile for more information, screenshots and video's.

What's the last modpack version you've played?
We've been quite busy the past two years and have made some incredible progress on Build 14.
It's still officially in Alpha stage, but it's becoming very playable indeed.
And the new features we've added are absolutely stunning.
The latest release is Build 14 Alpha 9.5 Patch 3 and Alpha 9.5 Patch 4 should soon be released.
See the relevant thread for download links and installation instructions: http://forum.piratesahoy.net//index.php?/topic/12809-build-14-alpha-9/

To whet your appetite, we've been working on improving the game in pretty much all respects.
One of the main additions is the "Selectable Storylines" mod.
There is now several completely different main quests to choose from, each with different characters and twists and turns.
The original game's main quest is still there, but there's also the Pirats of the Caribbean film story,
as well as a quest based on the Horatio Hornblower character and the Bartolomeu o Portugues and Assassin ones.

There are different periods now and depending on the period, the soldiers will look different,
there are different ships at sea, the ships' flags will be correct, nation relations change,
islands and towns are renamed and towns are occupied by different nations.

Additionally, the Realistic Weather Mod makes weather changes much more smooth instead of random and sudden.
And the DirectSail mod allows you to sail from one island to another without having to use the worldmap.
Not to mention, you can finally capture towns and give them to other nations or take them for yourself.

Have a look at our ModDB Profile for more information, screenshots and video's.

Wow, sounds really cool. This will give me something to do tomorrow. Thanks! :)

I've been playing the good old stock version of Pirates of the Caribbean and wishing there were a few features I could remember from the old Build 12 mod (hyperspeed, always run, etc).

Anyways, I see there are quite a few new mods out so if someone wants to give me a quick rundown on what's happened in my absence that would be great.
smile.gif

You are just the man I need to speak to Colosseum.
hi.gif

You were the pirate who found the Pirates! RPG army game and got everyone addicted...

Sadly it is no more, it has succumbed to technology creep.
modding.gif

It is not compatible with this version of IPB.
no.gif

We need someone like you to find us a new forum game, and resurrect this waylaid crew of pirates.
danse1.gif

You can do it
sailr.gif

Anyways, I see there are quite a few new mods out so if someone wants to give me a quick rundown on what's happened in my absence that would be great.
smile.gif

You are just the man I need to speak to Colosseum.
hi.gif

You were the pirate who found the Pirates! RPG army game and got everyone addicted...

Sadly it is no more, it has succumbed to technology creep.
modding.gif

It is not compatible with this version of IPB.
no.gif

We need someone like you to find us a new forum game, and resurrect this waylaid crew of pirates.
danse1.gif

You can do it
sailr.gif

Heh, seems you're talking to the wrong man... my knowledge of all the old Invision board games and addons is sadly decreased nowadays that I'm in college etc. :p I *do* remember linking you guys to the game, but my guess is that those sorts of addons have all been made obsolete with this fancy schmancy new Invision Board software (does it shoot missiles too? LOL). I think the best place to go for that kind of information would be the IPB help forum.

In my absence I've been collecting firearms and drawing ships and administrating Shipbucket. Sadly no IPB addons to be found over there!

Regards

Sweet site over at shipbucket there mate. A true gold mine of "Real" ship renderings. Keep up the good work
sailr.gif

What kind of firearms do you collect? I'm a bit of a gun nut myself.

On the aside...not sure why we need all these bells and whistles here at PA with IPB 3. But that's for admin to decide.

I kinda liked it better with the antique feel, we had a forum game then too. But that's just me.

On the aside...not sure why we need all these bells and whistles here at PA with IPB 3. But that's for admin to decide.
I kinda liked it better with the antique feel, we had a forum game then too. But that's just me.
Truth be told, personally I don't have too many wishes for a forum.
I want to be able to post and the Bug Tracker/Downloads/Wiki plugins are nice, but those worked with the old version too. :shrug

Not to mention... I HATE how the new forum messed up all old posts, especially quotes and code sections.
And the insane conversion to HTML-code when I edit an old post, that I then have to translate back to IPB. :wacko:

Has Keith related to you in any capacity why this change was made?

IPB 2.2/3 is more than most boards need, the 3.0 version was beta up until like 6 months ago.

There aren't even any freaking skins for this board worth a crap yet.
dunno.gif
dunno.gif
dunno.gif

Nope; I haven't got a clue. :shrug
You ARE using the OldSchoolV2 skin, right? It's infinitely better than the default.

Back