• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

OK WHOS been messin' with my girl?

seaturtle

Landlubber
When I first was looking at the new "Hero's" in COAS CMv3 mod I noticed "Beatrice"....What. Who messed up my gal? :ng

Here is the image of Beatrice in the game:

BeatriceinCMv3.jpg

This is Beatrice as she was originally drawn:

beatrice3.jpg

OHH yeah
luvya11-2.gif
Kissykissy.gif

Don't know what Modder did this to my gal but I'm gonna tell her step brother on Him. :wp

She came that way from the JSCM, no one ever seemed to mind so it wasn't changed back. The original model is still there, just look her up in the models, then make the proper changes in the herodescribe file.

She came that way from the JSCM, no one ever seemed to mind so it wasn't changed back. The original model is still there, just look her up in the models, then make the proper changes in the herodescribe file.

Quote:no one ever seemed to mind so it wasn't changed back.

Probably they did not mind because they probably never new she was ever drawn. That drawing goes way back.

I did look for her in the "Models" but could not find. Really makes no difference game wise, but she's a lot prettier. :yes

If some Modder wants to change her back that will be fine, but if not then so be it. I know I'll not attempt it for I'm no modder.( I just stay in the shadows and gripe. :rolleyes: )

Yep that is what I did mean :yes

I am far to busy with real life and dont actually have CMv3 on my computer

I actually already fixed this on my install. The editing involved is very simplistic. You just need to open "/RESOURCE/INI/texts/russian/HeroDescribe.txt" and modify two lines in the section pertaining to Beatrice. Specifically

heroFace_35 {337}

heroModel_35 {BeatriceA}
to

heroFace_35 {0}

heroModel_35 {Beatrice}
It's that simple.

I actually already fixed this on my install. The editing involved is very simplistic. You just need to open "/RESOURCE/INI/texts/russian/HeroDescribe.txt" and modify two lines in the section pertaining to Beatrice. Specifically

heroFace_35 {337}

heroModel_35 {BeatriceA}
to

heroFace_35 {0}

heroModel_35 {Beatrice}
It's that simple.

Thanks, I'll try it. :onya

I know I said before I would not try it but now Darkhymn has come forth and told me ( and others )how. I thank him very much for this as some of us do not understand the tech stuff when someone boast "It really isn't hard to change a character model"
Some of you should weigh this out before you make such statements.

Well Darkhymn just came and showed you just how easy it is to do...

I would have posted it myself but I dont have CMv3 installed and Luke already told you that it was HeroDescribe that needed to be changed :shrug

Thanks, I'll try it. :onya

I know I said before I would not try it but now Darkhymn has come forth and told me ( and others )how. I thank him very much for this as some of us do not understand the tech stuff when someone boast "It really isn't hard to change a character model"
Some of you should weigh this out before you make such statements.

Well, they did lay out the basics of what you needed to do. All I did was take the next logical step and detail it for you. I think you probably could have done it with their instructions with a bit of experimenting, but I'm glad I could save you the trouble :onya

OK,OK let's not get off on the wrong foot here please. I'm not a modder and I do not intend to be, I'll let that job to you people.
Darkhymn was kind enough to explain where I should look and what to do which I hadn't a clue before. This was a big step for me so lets let it go at that.
I made the adjustments and maybe I'll see the Beatrice character I changed and maybe I will not. Since she's English and I play a Dutchman I'll probably have to sneak into ( or obtain an English trading license ) one of the British Colonies and hope she's in the pub....er tavern.( well it would be "Pub" in a British colony would it not? )
If I find her I'll post a pic. I'd love to take her aboard my ship.
OhBoy.gif
Buts thats just a fantasy dream. :rolleyes:

OK,OK let's not get off on the wrong foot here please. I'm not a modder and I do not intend to be, I'll let that job to you people.
Darkhymn was kind enough to explain where I should look and what to do which I hadn't a clue before. This was a big step for me so lets let it go at that.
I made the adjustments and maybe I'll see the Beatrice character I changed and maybe I will not. Since she's English and I play a Dutchman I'll probably have to sneak into ( or obtain an English trading license ) one of the British Colonies and hope she's in the pub....er tavern.( well it would be "Pub" in a British colony would it not? )
OhBoy.gif

Best way to check if it worked would be to start a quick new game as her and see if her portrait/model are correct.

OhBoy.gif

Best way to check if it worked would be to start a quick new game as her and see if her portrait/model are correct.

YES I'll do just that. :onya Something as easy as that and I still did not think of it. :modding

ThankU11.gif

I think changes to HeroDescribe requires a new game to take affect, if you are still playing the game you had before making the change and find her she will be the wrong model still :yes

I think changes to HeroDescribe requires a new game to take affect, if you are still playing the game you had before making the change and find her she will be the wrong model still :yes
Very true but I started a new game ( different folder ) just to see if she was in game ( Darkhymn idea ) and yes she is there. I played her character for about an hour at Bermuda and got a kick of the men bowing to her when talked to or vice versa.

Beatriceorig.jpg

She has a cute gate walk.

Walkswithcutegatewalk.jpg

Ole Pascal bowing to her.

OlepascalbowingtoBeatrice.jpg

OK I'm satisfied but she's not worth starting over just to see her model. Will continue with my Dutch hero.

Thanks guys. :onya

Back