• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Old Sea Dog perk

RoyalQuiche

Landlubber
Hi guys !

It's tell in the "Old Sea Dog"description that the perk avoid you to make bad encouter.
But what sort of encouter ? Pirates, military patrol, bounty hunter ?

In my first game, i levelled up my pirate to quickly rush for the "Old Sea Dog" perk, 'cause i played a real pirate without any allegiance, sacking and ravaging any ship/city without distinction.
But i ever had "bad encouter". Does it mean that this perk cannot avoid the bounty hunter to track you down ? Or you need to not have any reward on your head ? (but so, what this perk is made for ? )

TYVM for your lights

What the perk does is allow you to use the sail away button even when the enemy ship is right next to you on the world map. Without the perk you have no choice to to accept it and either board and capture/sink the ship or sail away. With the perk no need to just hit sail away and you can do so and continue pressing sail away everytime the option pops up.

What the perk does is allow you to use the sail away button even when the enemy ship is right next to you on the world map. Without the perk you have no choice to to accept it and either board and capture/sink the ship or sail away. With the perk no need to just hit sail away and you can do so and continue pressing sail away everytime the option pops up.

In my experience it's never worked that way. It makes it more likely that you'll be able to sail away as Luke says but is by no means a guarantee of safe passage. Best trick for avoiding fast pursuers is to engage them as soon as the boarding icon appears (on the world map) and if you do it soon enough they won't be close enough to you when the battle starts to affect your vessel so you can exit straight back to the world map. And when you do that ship will be gone :)

Doesn't work with Bounty hunters :( Well it does but they won't disappear on the world map unless you evade them or sink them so it's a pointless use of a neat little trick!

In my experience it's never worked that way. It makes it more likely that you'll be able to sail away as Luke says but is by no means a guarantee of safe passage. Best trick for avoiding fast pursuers is to engage them as soon as the boarding icon appears (on the world map) and if you do it soon enough they won't be close enough to you when the battle starts to affect your vessel so you can exit straight back to the world map. And when you do that ship will be gone :)

Doesn't work with Bounty hunters :( Well it does but they won't disappear on the world map unless you evade them or sink them so it's a pointless use of a neat little trick!

Ok, i see now ...
TYVM guys :will

Back