• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Oldschool Radeon x600 AGP Settings?

SeymourSan

Landlubber
Alrighty?

Another annoying tech help request here, however, I get the feeling Im just being a bit of a doofus somehow.

After a wee bit of surfing around trying to work out why my game crashes all the time having just updated from build 13 full, to the 14.10 alpha, it seems that the problem may be the AGP speed for my crusty old Radeon x600... HOWEVER, upon looking for the settings in the catalyst control center, and consulting the oracle (google) I am having no luck in finding the setting. I am fairly confident that the card will run the game, but with the AGP speed set to x4... I know it's a long shot, but anyone else overcome the same problem?

Cheers
Seymour

This game definitely runs on your card; I've played this on a Geforce 2 MX.

Could you give us more specifics on when the crashes occur?

In any case AGP settings are always in the BIOS. That hit delete to enter setup when you power on the computer.

I'm not at all sure about your problem.
Have you tried enabling error logging?
- Open "engine.ini" in your main game folder.
- Find the "debuginfo = 0" line and change it to "debuginfo = 1".
- Start the game and wait until the error occurs.
- Now find compile.log, system.log and the possible error.log in your main game folder.

Maybe that can give us a clue about what's wrong.

With a bit of luck, Build 14 Beta 1 will also be a bit better once release.
I hope so... :?

I'm not at all sure about your problem.
Have you tried enabling error logging?
- Open "engine.ini" in your main game folder.
- Find the "debuginfo = 0" line and change it to "debuginfo = 1".
- Start the game and wait until the error occurs.
- Now find compile.log, system.log and the possible error.log in your main game folder.

Maybe that can give us a clue about what's wrong.

With a bit of luck, Build 14 Beta 1 will also be a bit better once release.
I hope so... :?

Hmm, well there was no compile or error.log

But the system log read:

Scanning current directory
Loading modules...
Loaded 0
Reset...
Initializing CORE...
User Rised Exception
C:\PROJECTS\DRIVE_V2\ENGINE\SOURCES\Core.cpp line 364
no 'engine.ini' file

This time the error happened as I was using a potion through the menu, and standing on a corpse on the deck of the ship during a boarding...

And thats it... :shrug

EDIT: Oh and SWS, I thought that was the case too, but I checked the BIOS menu, and there is no option in there o_0

For potions, that seems to be a fairly common problem. Use the C-key instead. :facepalm

lol crusty old? i mayself has an x1650 pro agp though the catalyst center is big crap maybe u should try omega drivers?

Actually, it seems that having reinstalled my drivers (same ones, not even an update), it is MUCH more stable, as long as I keep away from those potions...
They are sooo damn tasty though...

:?

Back