• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Oliver Trust for the love of God!?

Ivana

Powder Monkey
Guys I am playing as Peter Blood, I've spend a WHOLE day running through Havana like a headless chicken, been to every house, turned the tavern upside down and I can't find Oliver Trust!!! I know the main town for Spain is Havana cuz the General-Governer is there and my character is from Spain so why can't I find the guy!? Any ideas?? What do I do? I am loosing it over here!!!! :modding

He's an ugly bald guy. Have you stayed the night in the tavern overnight and looked the next day. Also leave the town and go to sea for a day and come back. He has to generate and in my experience if he doesn't on a particular day then you need to leave and come back the next day.

MK

Is this the Beggars quest? I thought the Trust shows up in random towns at the very start.

He's an ugly bald guy. Have you stayed the night in the tavern overnight and looked the next day. Also leave the town and go to sea for a day and come back. He has to generate and in my experience if he doesn't on a particular day then you need to leave and come back the next day.

MK

I didn't know that was possible, I thought he's just supposed to be there! But yeah I've tried sleeping there lots of times and I have been all the way to Santa Catalina and back and I have stared the Flying Dutchman quest so I've been away and back to Havana for like ten times so far! Anyway thank you I guess I'll just keep trying till he generates!

Is this the Beggars quest? I thought the Trust shows up in random towns at the very start.

Yes the Beggars quest! :will Well according to the walkthruoghs and the guide I downloaded from this forum he's supposed to be in the main Town of your heroes nationality. :shrug

Hey one thing I've noticed..... Sometimes I just let my character stand there and linger for a very long time without the game being paused next to the steps at the Governors palace on Williamstad (I almost always play as Dutch). I am working on other things or watching a TV program or whatever. When I come back to the game, more than a few times, there's Oliver Trust standing there asking me his questions. I always tell him to get lost. I've never once said I would kill the beggars. It just seems like this has happened a lot, so I'm wondering if he sometimes spawns while you just stand in one place for a long time.... :shrug

MK

Hey one thing I've noticed..... Sometimes I just let my character stand there and linger for a very long time without the game being paused next to the steps at the Governors palace on Williamstad (I almost always play as Dutch). I am working on other things or watching a TV program or whatever. When I come back to the game, more than a few times, there's Oliver Trust standing there asking me his questions. I always tell him to get lost. I've never once said I would kill the beggars. It just seems like this has happened a lot, so I'm wondering if he sometimes spawns while you just stand in one place for a long time.... :shrug

MK

Well that is the only thing I haven't tried yet. It's worth a try! I'll give it a go and post if it works! :will

Nope! No sing of the guy! I've been standing in Havana for hours and nothing happened! I have no idea what to do! :shrug

God I'm so silly!!! :facepalm I went to Port Royale just to see can I work for Morgan (I rejected his quest cuz I didn't know I won't be able to take it later), well I can't, anyway Oliver Trust was standing right by Morgans house!! I totally forgot I took English nationality, I was so sure I am Spanish, I didn't doubt it a second! Sorry for the drama, I've stared the Kill The Beggars quest! :sail

You guys...
Oliver will only appear during Afternoon I think.
If not.

You must either get your reputation from Regular Sailor to Trusted Sailor / Swindler.

Oliver choose only those who are worthy for his request.
Thus you need to be popular a little and he will appear in 4 of each Main Town.

Havana - Spanish.
Port Royal - England.
Tortuga - French.
Willemstad - Dutch.

If i'm mistaken then there are places around town you can easily find him.
He usually spawn at this location.

Enter a building.
Now leave.
Oliver Trust will spawn at this location.

Port Royal - Just outside of Morgan House.
Willemstad - At the middle of a Wide Open Street.
Havana - Somewhere near a House.
Tortuga - Near market area.

If i'm still wrong, I only found Him at port royal near Morgan house. as for the other town. Random spot i found him which i have said.

This quest is chained 2 ways.

Kill The Beggar 1.

Accept Oliver quest. and kill all the Beggars in each Town. Succeed. You will receive 1,000,000 Money.

Kill The Beggar 2.

Reject Oliver quest and Tell the beggars about his Schemes ! The beggar will tell you to talk with all 4 Main Beggars in 4 main Town.

Port Royal - Havana - Tortuga - Willemstad.

WARNING
________

If you accept the Kill The Beggar 2 Quest. This quest is related to CoAS Quest. This quest is a ONE-WAY-ROAD quest. Once you enter CoAS once. You can never get back there again.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've got a diffrent problem with this quest :/

I've just killed Oliver Twist and was on my way to return to the head beggar (who in my game was in Port of Spain) however when I got there he was not in the city, not in any house, I've looked everywhere but he simply dissapeared. I've tried loading an earlier save back, going through doors etc but still he does not appear. Someone had this kind of problem? plz help if so.

Hallo friends first I'd like to say thank you all for this site. I found a lot of answers in here. Now I've got this problem too: Havana's head beggar Serge Rivera doesn't seem to exist anymore. not in the afternoon, not in the morning, not in a house, not after a few days, not after a few weeks, not outside in the jungle (what I did not really expect actually). Please tell me it's no bug. And if it is one (Jesus, have I conquered Port Royale for nothing?), please tell me how to fix it. I'm playing a no-mod-game. Thanks.

Hallo again, head beggar IS alive. stop. Havana, 11:40 am. stop. It was just too late in the afternoon. stop. I idiot. stop

Back