• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved On Changing the relations of nations

jokash

Sailor
Im doing my own little amateur modding of GoF 1.2 and I am setting the starting date to 1 Jaunary 1740 ( with kicking out ships that appear too old like caravels fleuts and generaly old looking ships to make way for new frigates and other newer ships and 1740 gives a nice historical background for war between england and france ( Austrian War of succesion followed by the seven years war )
I know that POTC has that nation relation init file but aop doesen't so if somebody is willing and able to write one for me if its not much work (that file in POTC doesent look that big) The relations would need to look like this
FRANCE - BRITAIN WAR
FRANCE - HOLLAND WAR
FRANCE - SPAIN ALLIED
BRITAIN - HOLLAND ALLIED
SPAIN - HOLLAND NEUTRAL
SPAIN - BRITAIN WAR

I have actually been working on this for my Historical Eras mod. I am currently experimenting with Program/scripts/utils

Nations_SetAllFriends();
SetNationRelationBoth(ENGLAND, PIRATE, RELATION_ENEMY);
SetNationRelationBoth(ENGLAND, FRANCE, RELATION_NEUTRAL);

SetNationRelationBoth(HOLLAND, PIRATE, RELATION_ENEMY);
SetNationRelationBoth(FRANCE, PIRATE, RELATION_ENEMY);

SetNationRelationBoth(SPAIN, ENGLAND, RELATION_ENEMY);
SetNationRelationBoth(SPAIN, PIRATE, RELATION_ENEMY);
SetNationRelationBoth(SPAIN, FRANCE, RELATION_ENEMY);
SetNationRelationBoth(SPAIN, HOLLAND, RELATION_NEUTRAL);

SetNationRelationBoth(HOLLAND, ENGLAND, RELATION_ENEMY);
SetNationRelationBoth(HOLLAND, FRANCE, RELATION_FRIEND);

What would really be sexy is if I could figure out how to build in switches that would
cause these to change to a new set of relations at a specified time/month/year.

Anyone have any ideas? So far my alliances are static and different for each of my three
period modules. Spain has a rough time in the first one, because everyone is at war with them.
England is in the same boat in the 3rd module.

MK

Sounds like you're making a Periods mod for CoAS. Why don't you have a look at how we did it in PotC?
We did not include scripted relation changes based on year/date though. Would be done in DailyCrewUpdate, I'd imagine, but I don't know if CoAS has that.

Just for clarity's sake, what we DO have are nation-relations depending on the starting year. We've got in total 6 different time periods.
Other things that are different:
. Realistic period soldiers by Thomas the Terror
. Random Relations Mod replaced with Period Relations by Sim and Pieter Boelen
. Town and island names differ in each period by Sim and Pieter Boelen
. Town nationalities change per period by Sim and Pieter Boelen
. Historically correct governors by Sim and Pieter Boelen
. Fort, Merchant and Navy flags
. Historical Ships Mod by Doober
. Worldmap ship models flags updated; Napoleonic ship added in "The Corsican" by Pieter Boelen
. Weapon use by soldiers
. Random weapons availability

Back