• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

only a fantasy idea

agentad

Privateer
Storm Modder
:onya hello everyone :will

only asking for a fantasy idea, but it can be indeed rejected :doff

what about addind a crossbow in the guns inventory ? :razz

im thinking really much about boarding and landing with a "small" crossbow (the ones used by one hand, not the heavy ones, i dont like wearing the muskets for example) :b: and firing bolts :whipa

its one of my best dream for this mod :wp

cya on new sea ^^ :cheers

Technically possible if you make a gun model that looks like a crossbow. :shrug

It'd be like a poisoned throwing dart: you don't see anything coming out at all. :shrug

nice idea to make poisonned bolts :woot

i prefer using a crossbow instead of a gun :razz

it can be really fun :doff

I wasn't suggesting the darts be poisoned, but that'd be possible also.

Finished a crossbow 3D model in Wings3D now, darts are to follow, I'm going to post some renders soon.

I don't think we can make the darts actually appear as ammunition for it.

its better to leave the "pistol ammunition" cause if you add the crossbow bolts, you have to add code to the gunner who has to give you ammos

the most important for me is a crossbow with a bolt on it :will

i dont care if it fires like a pistol, the look is the most important :woot

can someone take care of crosbow shooting sound?
So? Can anyone? I have a quick job of a crossbow. I might finish them in few days... But I woudn't want to have crossbow, that give gunpwder shot with all those smoke effects :)
2011-11-22_Crossbow reference.jpg

I don't really fancy putting a crossbow into the game; then we'd need to get the interface pictures made as well.
And I first want interface pictures done for a new good called "coal" that the steamships have to consume! :whipa

I don't think I'll release it before I'll do interface picture... If I remember right, latest weapons released by me had images, descriptions and even code included.

When I've read thro this topic, I had one Idea in my mind. To replace all those "trowing" stuff with crossbows.

I know, that it would be more logical to have trowing knife (bomb) as "sneaky" weapon, but crossbow would be more animation-logic-better. I mean it would look ingame more nice.

:woot
I don't think I'll release it before I'll do interface picture... If I remember right, latest weapons released by me had images, descriptions and even code included.

When I've read thro this topic, I had one Idea in my mind. To replace all those "trowing" stuff with crossbows.

I know, that it would be more logical to have trowing knife (bomb) as "sneaky" weapon, but crossbow would be more animation-logic-better. I mean it would look ingame more nice.

of course its only an idea, take your time, i know that there is more important at the moment :doff

cya on new seas :yes

just tested some strange guns and throwing stuff :mm

really fun weapons which doesnt make alarm :b: thats true pieter, crossbows must kill in silence :cheeky

Back