• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Not a Bug Opium Smuggling Disables Port Royal Fast Travel

A.H

Privateer
Just entered port royale for the first time and i realized there is no fast travel option inside the city.
There was outside in the port, but in the city when you press ENTER you can't see it. I discovered all building locations so maybe the code is missing.

Before making a new post, I also realized something not right with the merchant's items.. they all appear to be the same.
Can someone play with my save file and confirm if i'm right or wrong.. try checking the items at the vendors, at shops and if you could also travel to nearby ports and try items there.. they all seem to have very few varieities and nearly all the same..

If it is a bug then i'll make new thread specifically for that topic..but for now as you can see in save file, Port royal fast travel is not showing.

Attachments

• FreePlay.7z
    655.3 KB · Views: 96
I just started a New Free Play Game as Nelson and:
upload_2016-1-22_19-43-54.png

Before making a new post, I also realized something not right with the merchant's items.. they all appear to be the same.
Can someone play with my save file and confirm if i'm right or wrong.. try checking the items at the vendors, at shops and if you could also travel to nearby ports and try items there.. they all seem to have very few varieities and nearly all the same..
Depending on your and their level, that sounds plausible. Not technically a bug though.
All that code is due for a rewrite anyway. But not now.

Could it be because I'm not english?
i was at war with britan as spain's LOM privateer but now there is peace and our relations are much better (-30) ...

as you can see on photo.. only this appears for me when i press ENTER.. and there is no fight around me so not sure why fast travel not showing to me

3.jpg

Oh yes that is right.. i just got approached by a soldier and handed my opium to him plus paid a fine.

Then i went to henry morgan and got english LOM... then i can see fast travel now.
First i thought because my relation went up to 0 after getting the LOM.. but perhaps you could be right also with respect to the opium hand over

First i thought because my relation went up to 0 after getting the LOM.. but perhaps you could be right also with respect to the opium hand over
I AM right because I know Levis put code in place for that very reason. :whipa

Reactions: A.H
Someone is being a bad boy :aar good thing those guards took it from you :type1

A bit of opium never hurt nobody :diomed

As of now, im level 53.. nearly got all perks.. man of war..
what else can a sailor ask for in this world?

A bit of opium never hurt nobody :diomed

As of now, im level 53.. nearly got all perks.. man of war..
what else can a sailor ask for in this world?
Talk to the smugglers ;) they do like opium too now.

@A.H: Did you use any cheats to level up?
If not, what difficulty are you on and how long have you been playing?
Sounds to me like you levelled up really quite fast, no? :shock

Yes I felt that way too.

@Levis: i didn't know there was opium until i killed the smugglers and looted off their body.. now in port royal i see i can buy from opium den..
still trying to figure out what is next in my side quest for havana governor.. so far i reached the point where the officer took my opium. (nobody spoil it, i must figure it out myself :p)

@Pieter Boelen: I never use cheats.. i just reload if things turn bad... but i started 2 days ago and level is sea dog.
As said before, I made my first 2 million in the first hour of gameplay..

Then after i made a total of 6 million i focused more on levelling.. i do that quick once i get a tier 3 or higher ship, then i find merchant groups and blast them away with me cannon.. that way it makes faster XP per shink sunk.. as well as more xp during your shooting.

But generally yes, ranking is much easier than i remember.
However first 5-10 levels, it was really tough to kill another in melee combat.. however now it's much better since i'm higher level.. defense perks.. gilded cuirass.. etc.

Good luck with the quest ;).
In the new update I've reduced the XP multiplier a little bit again because it seems it goes a bit to fast still...

Back