• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Oversize Cannon Glitch

Nenketsu

Landlubber
This merchantman is now better than it's naval counterpart. Yarr!

cannon_glitch.png

I'm not sure how @Nenketsu got a Fast Merchantman with 12lb cannons. As the stats show, it should only be able to take 9lb cannons. (Unless you visit Vanderdecken, who ignores that limit entirely.) If you give the ship the "Reinforced Hull" upgrade, it can take cannons one level higher, but then that would show up on the ship stats as well as the array of upgrade icons, which currently only shows one of the bronze cannnon upgrades. Those should make either the broadside cannons or the chasers more accurate, but not heavier.

@Nenketsu: exactly what did you do to the ship before this glitch triggered?

I'm not sure how @Nenketsu got a Fast Merchantman with 12lb cannons. As the stats show, it should only be able to take 9lb cannons. (Unless you visit Vanderdecken, who ignores that limit entirely.) If you give the ship the "Reinforced Hull" upgrade, it can take cannons one level higher, but then that would show up on the ship stats as well as the array of upgrade icons, which currently only shows one of the bronze cannnon upgrades. Those should make either the broadside cannons or the chasers more accurate, but not heavier.

@Nenketsu: exactly what did you do to the ship before this glitch triggered?

I'm honestly not quite sure either. I think I was switching between the two ships, planning to upgrade the Brigantine to 12 lb cannons, but somehow the upgrade options got swapped? Maybe it's because I don't cap the FPS in the game? I didn't even realize until I got into then next battle. Haha!

You mean in the "Ship Transfer" interface?
Or the "Ship Berthing" one?
Or "Ship Repaint", perhaps?

I believe I was switching between the two ships in the cannon upgrade screen. I had noticed that the options would get kind of "stuck" on the ship I had selected so I'd have to click a few times and wait for them to change. It seemed insignificant at the time so it's somewhat difficult to say exactly what I was doing haha.

Back