• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Particles Lag

danitim1

Sanka Da Vinci
Storm Modder
Sup guys, there is something that is bothering me for a long and i wanted some help. Its only me or someone else is having lag issues when you get your camera close to a certain amount of smoke or fire? Is there a way to fix that?
My PC specif.
System Manufacturer: Acer
System Model: Aspire 7551
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II N830 Triple-Core Processor (3 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4094MB RAM
Page File: 2158MB used, 6028MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit Unicode
Card name: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
Chip type: ATI display adapter (0x68C1)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_68C1&SUBSYS_03881025&REV_00
Display Memory: 2805 MB
Dedicated Memory: 1014 MB
Shared Memory: 1791 MB
Current Mode: 1600 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)

well.. those onBoard-graphic cards are not good at all.. yes they can share memory with your RAM but they don't have enough speed (GPU).. I have the same problem..
You can try:
- downscale the resoultion
- Look into the InternalSettings.h for particle effects to switch off (idk where and how much there are)

Code:
// ======================================
// LOG, LOOKS & EFFECTS:
// ======================================

#define SHIPHIT_PARTICLES                 3        // INT - The higher the setting the more effects (choose a lower setting if you get performance problems)
                                                // 0: Stock PotC (red-orange explosion on hit) 
                                                // 1: Minimal hit effects (small puffs of gray smoke)
                                                // 2: Recommended hit effects (puffs and splinters)
                                                // 3: Excessive hit debris effects (plumes of planks and barrels, water splashes, flashes and smoke - ship explosions extensive)
#define USE_PARTICLES                    2        // Sets the amount of effects in the Greenford's haunted Abbey and various other particle situations
                                                // 0: Off
                                                // 1: Few effects
                                                // 2: Full effects
#define USE_PARTICLES_CANNONS            1        // Sets the realism of the cannon visual effects.
                                                // 0: Low - Stock POTC cannon smoke
                                                // 1: Medium - Realistic cannon smoke
                                                // 2: High - Extremely Realistic cannon smoke, high-end computer recommended.

Well... Thanks for all the answers, im glad that you guys toke a bit of your time to answer my thread, and thanks Pieter for your help. Good luck on finishing build 14.3 beta im so excited to play the next wave of mods :D Thank you all.

Back