• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Patch

Are the logs from straight after a CTD? :?

I cant see any reason behind it on them :no

ok, I've tried again. These reports were generated just after a CTD that was triggered by getting a LandHo notification. The bits and the end of this error log look different to the one previously submitted.

Here's hoping.

The artifact problem is still persisting. Can I also confirm again that the correct install order is POTC stock + Build 14 Beta 1 only? I ask because the install I did that was POTC stock + Build 13 Final + Build 14 Beta 1 seemed much more stable. Also, with the POTC stock + Build 13 final + Build 14 Beta 1 install I was getting loading screens with the skull and cross swords that had some kind of Russian type writing at the bottom. I am not getting these loading screens with my current installation of POTC stock + build 14 Beta 1.

Thanks

Ok here's the first of two scenarios, with error and system log attached. I've also included a notepad entitled "scenario" which explains how the CTD was generated. In each case I deleted the previous compile, error and system logs before running the game so that new ones were generated upon a CTD. I hope this is right. I cannot attach the COMPILE logs because I've nearly reached my Global upload limit and the compile logs exceed the maximum single file upload of 104.79k. Is there a way I can get round this or have my upload quota increased ?

Here's the second scenario: Files attached - I was able to attach the complie log this time.

Attachments

• system.log
    583 bytes · Views: 95
  • Scenario.txt
    183 bytes · Views: 99
  • error.log
    432 bytes · Views: 105
  • compile.log
    10.5 KB · Views: 106
There is an edit button, I like being able to read all the information in one post.
INSTALL PROCESS:
- POTC STOCK
- BUILD 14 Beta 1 FULL
- Build 14 Beta 1 fix 1

OR

- POTC STOCK
- BUILD 13 FINAL
- BUILD 14 Alpha 10
- Build 14 Beta 1 LIGHT

The only things in the logs shouldnt cause any problems and no one else is having the problem. So it might be just yours

There is an edit button, I like being able to read all the information in one post.
INSTALL PROCESS:
- POTC STOCK
- BUILD 14 Beta 1 FULL
- Build 14 Beta 1 fix 1

OR

- POTC STOCK
- BUILD 13 FINAL
- BUILD 14 Alpha 10
- Build 14 Beta 1 LIGHT

The only things in the logs shouldnt cause any problems and no one else is having the problem. So it might be just yours

Well, I appreciate that no one else is having the problem, but I am! Are you saying that there is nothing in the logs that I posted in both scenarios that explain why I'm getting these engine.exe errors? I'm just trying to communicate these problems to you guys and it's a bit frustrating to be told that no one can help me. Is there an process of escalation of a problem, or perhaps someone that can give it a fresh pair of eyes? Is there anything else I can do to help report these CTD's, because from my perspective the BETA 14 1 build is unplayable - I find it a bit strange that an error log would be created after a CTD that contained no infomration about the CTD that generated it??

INSTALL PROCESS:
- POTC STOCK
- BUILD 14 Beta 1 FULL
- Build 14 Beta 1 fix 1

OR

- POTC STOCK
- BUILD 13 FINAL
- BUILD 14 Alpha 10
- Build 14 Beta 1 LIGHT

Well, I appreciate that no one else is having the problem, but I am! Are you saying that there is nothing in the logs that I posted in both scenarios that explain why I'm getting these engine.exe errors? I'm just trying to communicate these problems to you guys and it's a bit frustrating to be told that no one can help me. Is there an process of escalation of a problem, or perhaps someone that can give it a fresh pair of eyes? Is there anything else I can do to help report these CTD's, because from my perspective the BETA 14 1 build is unplayable - I find it a bit strange that an error log would be created after a CTD that contained no infomration about the CTD that generated it??

As you can see from my signature, I've changed the build order but am still getting the CTDs - In the vain hope that it might be of use, I've attached the logs again!

Attachments

• error.log
    1.1 KB · Views: 117
  • system.log
    1.8 KB · Views: 105
  • compile.log
    10.3 KB · Views: 109
You did get Alpha 10 full? (not light)

The logs dont show anything, what storyline are you playing?

Im going to sail from Barbados to Jamacia (as you said Jamacia was a CTD problem for you) in the standard storyline to check

EDIT: Sailed from Barbados to Jamacia (NO CTD) continued onto Petit Tobaco (NO CTD) and then onto Curacoa (NO CTD)

You did get Alpha 10 full? (not light)

The logs dont show anything, what storyline are you playing?

Im going to sail from Barbados to Jamacia (as you said Jamacia was a CTD problem for you) in the standard storyline to check

EDIT: Sailed from Barbados to Jamacia (NO CTD) continued onto Petit Tobaco (NO CTD) and then onto Curacoa (NO CTD)

Hiya

I was playing the New Horizons story line. I did get Alpha 10 full by the way (thanks for pointing me in the right direction!). I tried just playing stock + build 13 + Alpha 10 and still got the same problem.

Not to worry, I'll just have to save often, or go back to Alpha 9 :-( - have started a post asking others if they are having the same problem, but if it's just me then ho hum....I'll try updating my graphics drivers and see if that has any effect...

Thanks again for your efforts.

Actually can you post your system specs please :yes

Hey matey

Here you go - dxdiag attached.

Thanks!

EDIT: Well, here's a thing. In the Advanced options menu, under the Deck View at Sea option, I chose STOCK, EXTERNAL CAMERA insted of my usual option of Camera On Deck. Since doing this, I've been able to sail from Greenford to Conceicao several times without getting a CTD when getting either a LandHo or SailHo notification - do you think that this has something to do with the CTDs I was getting? I also updated my Nvidia drivers, but am not sure how much of a difference the updated drivers made.

I will keep on with it and let you know. I may roll back my drivers to the ones previously installed and choose the STOCK, EXTERNAL camera option so I can work out which of these things made the difference.

Cheers

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    55.9 KB · Views: 109
Although Captain Maggie already has plenty to think about, I want to lobby for the "Missing Locators during Land Battle" bug in the New Horizons scenario to be fixed in the next patch. Here's the thread: http://forum.piratesahoy.net//cannot-hit-fort-cannon-b14-beta1-t15502.html

Back