• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Patch

Anhedonic93

Powder Monkey
Hi all

I've been away from the forum for a bit and am catching up on the latest builds. I've downloaded the build 14 Beta 1 Full mod and the Interim fix. I just wanted to know if there are any other patches for 14 Beta 1 that I'm missing here? I ran into a problem with my ship not having any sails, which resulted in CTD when entering and then exiting the world map - someone made a suggestion that choosing "All ships" weathered sails" and "Pirates use emblemed black sails" from the advanced options menu fixes this - just watned to confirm that this worked for me. Noticabley there is no icon for "normal sails" in the "choose sails" menu, so I'm guessing this is part of the problem.

Also, I keep getting a CTD when I get a "Land Ho" notification when using the Direct Sail Mod - this is pretty consistant and I'm not sure whether it's been reported. However, I've noticed this only appears to happen when approaching certain islands whilst using the "real Carribean" island names, for example, Jamaica was the island that gave me this problem. It would either CTD when the Land Ho notification came up on screen, or there would be no island at all, just open sea. With the latter, when I looked at my map (not the world map but the "paper" map in inventory) I'd actually sailed right through the island without ever knowing it was there. Finally, in one instance when using the "real Carribean" option and being pursued by hostile vessels, using direct sail and sailing to Jamica I got a CTD as the Land Ho notification popped up, not sure whether being pursued played a part in causing it. I was able to direct sail from Oxbbay, to curacao, to Redmond, back to cuacao, then to conciciao (sp?) then to Dowerson with no problems when using the stock island names.

Thanks!

:dance

If you read on the forum I have mentioned (and look in my signiture) that there is a patch being compiled, I have been waiting for some files.

The sails have been fixed in these files that I am compiling :yes

If you read on the forum I have mentioned (and look in my signiture) that there is a patch being compiled, I have been waiting for some files.

The sails have been fixed in these files that I am compiling :yes

Ah, thanks muchly! Was the direct sail issue a new one, or just specific to me?

By the way, as always, great work on the build :doff

I'm still getting numerous CTD's, specifically when using direct sail and either getting a "Sail Ho" notification or entering/exiting the world map from direct sail mode. Think this might be worth some investigation. I'm going to stop playing the 14 Beta build for the time being as these CTD's are interrupting gameplay somewhat......I'm trying, without any success, to download build 14 Alpha 10 and it's update, but none of the mirrors on this site work (says the file has been deleted on ModDb and cannot be founbd on pirates ahoy!) - any chance I could have a copy of this in the mean time?

I dont have the sailho problem so cant test it myself and I havnt seen it reported anywhere sorry :shrug

Alpha 10 I can post the link for if I know which one you want (ie Full or Light) and by update Im guessing you mean 10.1 ;)

I dont have the sailho problem so cant test it myself and I havnt seen it reported anywhere sorry :shrug

Alpha 10 I can post the link for if I know which one you want (ie Full or Light) and by update Im guessing you mean 10.1 ;)

Thanks! - can I have the Alpha 10 full please and the 10.1 patch?

It's probably more accurate to say that the CTD's I'm getting are engine.exe errors (encountered a problem and needs to close) and like I said it's normally when there's a sailo ho notification or upon entering/exiting the world map. Is there a way I can get some kind of error log that I can post on here for you to look at (i've seen others do this, but not sure how to do it myself). I even tried build 14 beta 1 with a clean install of POTC and then with a clean install + buid 13 final and still got the same problem. Hope it's not just me as I'll feel like I'm missing out if I can't play the lastest build!

I would also like to know how to enable error logs, and where they are stored. :shrug

Check the Build and Forum FAQ, it tells you all the important stuff like this :yes

Well this is strange - I re-installed teh stock game, applied build 13 final then applied the Alpha 14 Beta 1 build and the CTD's seemed to have stopped - I'm now also getting a loading screen with what looks like Russian writing at the bottom, which I wasn't getting before....

I'll keep testing it today and will post if I get the same engine.exe problems when getting a sail ho notification or entering/exiting the world map.

The thing is in all my time of playing Build 14 Beta 1 I have only had one CTD :shrug

I think perhaps there may have been a hiccup with the previous installs that I did, cos now it seems to be working ok! But thanks for all your help on this, much appreciated :)

Will let you know if any more hiccups, but I think is ok now....

The thing is in all my time of playing Build 14 Beta 1 I have only had one CTD :shrug

I think perhaps there may have been a hiccup with the previous installs that I did, cos now it seems to be working ok! But thanks for all your help on this, much appreciated :)

Will let you know if any more hiccups, but I think is ok now....

Nope, I'm STILL getting engine exe.errors when gettting a sail ho! notification, a land ho! notification and when entering exiting the world map. What's more I've enable error reporting by changing the DebugInfo = 0 to DebugInfo = 1 in the engine.ini file, but for the life of me cannot find compile.log, system.log or error.log files in my game data folder!! ARRRHHHH! :modding

Help please! I can't be the only person getting these engine.exe errors, and it's a bit difficult to report the errors if I'm not able to generate and error log............

I would like to say though that the ship models are BEAUTIFUL and it's really quite cool that I'm able to "pimp my ride" by upgrades and re-paints! Am getting round the problem at the moment by saving often. It's also VERY cool that you can save at sea. Well done guys!

Im afraid at the current time I cant help you, like I said in all my time coding and testing Beta 1 I have had one CTD and this was a random one, explain exactly how it happens and if your not getting the logs something is wrong

Im afraid at the current time I cant help you, like I said in all my time coding and testing Beta 1 I have had one CTD and this was a random one, explain exactly how it happens and if your not getting the logs something is wrong

Ok this is how it happens:

1. I'm sailing in either 1st or 3rd person mode with Direct Sail turned on
2. I get a message "Sir, we are approaching island x"
3. I get a LandHo! screeny when I'm within range of the island
4. CTD

OR

1. I'm sailing in either 1st or 3rd person mode with Direct Sail turned on
2. I get a SailHo! screeny
3.CTD

OR

1. I enter the world map
2. I exit the world map
3.CTD

I've attached my engine.ini file so that you can see I've followed the instructions on the build forum FAQ, but no other files are being generated when I get a CTD where DebugInfo = 1. The three examples, like I said are intermitant and do not occur everytime, but it's a bit frustrating cos I'm not able to show you guys an error log for some reason!

My install

POTC vanilla
build 13 final
Build 14 Beta 1

I'm running DIrect X 9c, dunno if that's a problem - if it helps I can attach DxDiag, let me know if this would be useful.....

To enable error logging the entries in engine. ini should be:

mem_profile = memory.mp
startFontIniFile = resource\ini\fonts.ini
font = interface_normal
numoftips = 0

tracefilesoff = 0

[script]

debuginfo = 1
codefiles = 0
runtimelog = 1
;tracefiles = 0

[sound]
sound path = resource\sounds\

[stats]
memory_stats = 0

miklkit Posted 13 March 2010 - 06:56 AM

I would also like to know how to enable error logs, and where they are stored.

The compile, system & error files are generated into your Pirates of the Caribbean directory (where the engine.ini file is ). Error is not always created, but compile & system should be created every time you start the game.

Build 14 Beta 1 Full should be installed on top of the Stock game only - don't need Build 13 :no
as per installation instructions (I originally tried to install with Build 13 & it messed everything up. :yes )

- DON'T forget to install the Fix as well.

Could the CTD problems be related to the PO_Carvel50 ship. ( will be fixed in Patch 1 )
I can't find the thread that the fix for this is in at the moment. :facepalm

I had CTDs when the game decided to use this ship as one of the ones it generates arround islands or at sea. When I corrected it the CTDs stopped and I have not had any since :yes

[/quote]
Build 14 Beta 1 Full should be installed on top of the Stock game only - don't need Build 13 :no
as per installation instructions (I originally tried to install with Build 13 & it messed everything up. :yes )

Could the CTD problems be related to the PO_Carvel50 ship. ( will be fixed in Patch 1 )

I had CTDs when the game decided to use this ship as one of the ones it generates arround islands or at sea. When I corrected it the CTDs stopped and I have not had any since :yes
[/quote]

Didn't want o quote the whole reply! But thanks very much matey, this is very useful - I will make the amends to the engin.ini file and hopefully post some logs if the CTDs happen again :onya

[/quote]

Didn't want o quote the whole reply! But thanks very much matey, this is very useful - I will make the amends to the engin.ini file and hopefully post some logs if the CTDs happen again :onya
[/quote]

Hi

Ok, I've attached the relevant logs. I had a clean install of the stock game then installed 14 Beta 1. So far, I've only had to CTDs. One thing I have also noticed but haven't metioned is that some of the light/dark weather shades generate graphical artifacts when in either 1st or 3rd person sail mode....

Let me know if there's anything of importance in the attached logs. I've also buggered the quotes up in the replies. Sorry about that .....

Are the logs from straight after a CTD? :?

I cant see any reason behind it on them :no

ok, I've tried again. These reports were generated just after a CTD that was triggered by getting a LandHo notification. The bits and the end of this error log look different to the one previously submitted.

Here's hoping.

The artifact problem is still persisting. Can I also confirm again that the correct install order is POTC stock + Build 14 Beta 1 only? I ask because the install I did that was POTC stock + Build 13 Final + Build 14 Beta 1 seemed much more stable. Also, with the POTC stock + Build 13 final + Build 14 Beta 1 install I was getting loading screens with the skull and cross swords that had some kind of Russian type writing at the bottom. I am not getting these loading screens with my current installation of POTC stock + build 14 Beta 1.

Thanks

Attachments

• error.log
    41.2 KB · Views: 132
  • compile.log
    50.8 KB · Views: 104
  • system.log
    7.7 KB · Views: 110
Are the logs from straight after a CTD? :?

I cant see any reason behind it on them :no

ok, I've tried again. These reports were generated just after a CTD that was triggered by getting a LandHo notification. The bits and the end of this error log look different to the one previously submitted.

Here's hoping.

The artifact problem is still persisting. Can I also confirm again that the correct install order is POTC stock + Build 14 Beta 1 only? I ask because the install I did that was POTC stock + Build 13 Final + Build 14 Beta 1 seemed much more stable. Also, with the POTC stock + Build 13 final + Build 14 Beta 1 install I was getting loading screens with the skull and cross swords that had some kind of Russian type writing at the bottom. I am not getting these loading screens with my current installation of POTC stock + build 14 Beta 1.

Thanks

Ok here's the first of two scenarios, with error and system log attached. I've also included a notepad entitled "scenario" which explains how the CTD was generated. In each case I deleted the previous compile, error and system logs before running the game so that new ones were generated upon a CTD. I hope this is right. I cannot attach the COMPILE logs because I've nearly reached my Global upload limit and the compile logs exceed the maximum single file upload of 104.79k. Is there a way I can get round this or have my upload quota increased ?

Attachments

• system.log
    17.8 KB · Views: 116
  • Scenario.txt
    139 bytes · Views: 103
  • error.log
    692 bytes · Views: 129
Back