- ModDB profile

3. GOF: Eras

Quick links for AoP2: Gentlemen of Fortune 2
    - Downloads and info
    - TheBlackKnight's Mods and Guides
    - ModDB Profile

4. Ahoy
    New to the forum?
    Please take a moment to read our Welcome Message and Forum Rules.

Released Patrician 4

Discussion in 'Other Pirate Games' started by Luke159, May 20, 2011.

1. Luke159

Luke159 Buccaneer Storm Modder

I have got all the Patrician games just never sat down and played any of them, i was hooked on Port Royale 2 and didn't do any research into what Patrician 1, 2 or 3 was about. I just picked them up as a next game to play as each was released. I picked Patrician 4 up the day it came out and as i was having a clean out of my old games i picked the game up and thourght i should give this a chance because i have never played any of them, so till earlier today i never even knew it was similar to Port Royale 2. :facepalm

So when GOF is released i think i am going to have to play it and see if it has the same level of addiction Port Royale 2 has which i was pleasently suprissed works fine on Windows 7 (i must have a more up to date copy, because i read some copies don't work on anything other than XP). All i know is my copy is already fully up to date with the latest patch ever released. While i was looking at it i soon noticed one good type we have missing which is very important and should be made as a good required for sail upgrades (rope). I think we should replace Brandy for Rope and then added as a required good for the sail upgrade at Bermuda.

Moving back to Patrician 4 though, i know P3 has been put as the best in the series, but since i have never played any of them i can only compare them to PR2 which is most likely going to be much more different than i expect, so for that reason i will play P4 rather than a earlier one. I have read that much has changed in the patches with some features added so maybe that is a good thing for those who didn't like P4 originally, i don't know. Just woundering whats your thourghts on P4 and is it like PR2?
  2. Peter Blood

Peter Blood Privateer

Finally found some work, storylines coming along g
    I only have Patrician 3 and I think it is a good game. I personally prefer Port Royal though. In a way, the concept of Askaron's games remind me of the Anno series in a way. Each Anno game is pretty much the same, only it takes place in a different setting. That is the case with all of the Askaron games as well, except for the second "Tortuga" game they made which was more of a hack and slash, platformer, nautical battle style game.
  3. Luke159

Luke159 Buccaneer Storm Modder

This was a good game, but it quickly became boring and I haven't touched this game in a few years now. It shows a great game, when you always go back to it and Port Royale has always been a game I have gone back to. The funny thing is I still haven't got the new Port Royale and its been out a long time now. Because of COAS, my interest in other pirate/economy style games has gone. I have PT3, in fact I have all the Patrician games but never played any till I burned myself out modding COAS. Then I had a short spell on PT4 with its expansion pack, after I got use to the game, I played a little online before uninstalling it never to reinstall it again. Now it sits on my shelf collecting dust like so many games that I lost interest in.