• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Pc Crash Please Help!

Paint_Liz

Landlubber
I have a bit of a problem running the mod I installed the base game and new horizons mod I start the game and everything works but after a few minutes of playing my laptop shuts off is there any fixes for this?

Welcome aboard! :cheers

I am not sure if it's the game's problem if the laptop completely shuts off.
Does it only happen on PotC or do other games cause it too?

To me it sounds like it may be overheating.
If your processor exceeds a temperature (Usually around 100+°C), it turns off so it doesn't get damaged.
If that's indeed the case, then you will have to have it cleaned from dust, and replace the thermal paste.

Maybe someone else has another idea?

Last edited:
Welcome aboard! :cheers

I am not sure if it's the game's problem if the laptop completely shuts off.
Does it only happen on PotC or do other games cause it too?

To me it sounds like it may be overheating.
If your processor exceeds a temperature (Usually around 100°C), it turns off so it doesn't get damaged.
If that's indeed the case, then you will have to have it cleaned from dust, and replace the thermal paste.

Maybe someone else has another idea?

No it only crashes with the mod installed I ran just the base game and it runs fine I played RE8 and Nier most recently and it hasn't crashed. I cleaned it a couple months back perhaps the paste does need to be reapplied.

No it only crashes with the mod installed I ran just the base game and it runs fine I played RE8 and Nier most recently and it hasn't crashed. I cleaned it a couple months back perhaps the paste does need to be reapplied.
Does it just shut off or are you getting a blue screen? If so what kind of error code does it give on the blue screen?

Maybe running a checkdisk in windows will help, it's possible you installed the game on a corrupt section of your storage.
Else maybe you want to try installing the intel fix as the game has a tendency of not using your dedicated GPU but instead using the onboard graphics card.

Does it just shut off or are you getting a blue screen? If so what kind of error code does it give on the blue screen?

Maybe running a checkdisk in windows will help, it's possible you installed the game on a corrupt section of your storage.
Else maybe you want to try installing the intel fix as the game has a tendency of not using your dedicated GPU but instead using the onboard graphics card.

It just completely shuts off and usually have to wait a bit to turn back on or it'll just shut right back off. Not sure I did my best following the install steps. I have the Intel fix on the base game now I believe I had it when I installed the mod I'll retry again would I need to reinstall the Intel fix after I install the mod?

I don't know what it could be causing it but not being able to turn it on for a while also sounds like overheating to me.
Yet you have already taken care of that and other games don't trigger it. :facepalm

Perhaps you could back up your saves, uninstall the game, and then reinstall the stock game without the Intel fix, and then install New Horizons with the Intel fix.

Ideally you want to install the mod on a clean new installation of the game.
Without any mods already in there.

Also probably check what @Levis said.

If it's something to do with the game, over the top indeed. :cool

Have you figured something out @Paint_Liz?
I am really intrigued by what could be causing this.

Back