• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Cannot Confirm Perks list mismatch on use of Ayahuasca

salonikasurf

Freebooter
Storm Modder
The Perks list gets confused with a mismatch between description and pictorial when the officer "finds there is more to learn" on using the ayahuasca bought on Aruba.

Attachments

• Perks issue2.jpg
    Perks issue2.jpg
    331.2 KB · Views: 477
That's odd. Presumably something somewhere is still trying to refer to the old "BattleState" and "AdvancedBattleState" ("Basic Ship defence" and "Advanced Ship defence" respectively), but I can't find where.

How exactly do you get the ahayuasca?

Could you post your version of "PROGRAM\Characters\officertypes\init_officertypes.c"? Also, try pressing F11 and see if that corrects the perks list.

Hi @Grey Roger , hitting the F11 did in fact fix it - not sure why as this was a new game with the latest of 4.1 +fixes.
You buy the drug from the indian merchant in his bush house at the port for want of a better description of his store.
File attached as requested.

Attachments

• init_officertypes.zip
    2.8 KB · Views: 474
Possibly it wasn't as new a game as you thought? I've noticed before that, if I start by loading an existing savegame and then return to the main menu to start a new game, it keeps some things from the old game. The only way to be sure is to quit PoTC entirely, start it up again, and select "New game" straight away. Certainly if pressing F11 fixed the problem then it has to have been due to still using the obsolete perk definitions.

"init_officers.c" is the correct one, using the new perks for the super-officer, i.e. the officer who "unlocked his mind".

Thanks for the report anyway! Better to have a report of a bug which turns out not to be a problem, than to not have a report which means a bug remains unfixed. :onya

Possibly it wasn't as new a game as you thought? I've noticed before that, if I start by loading an existing savegame and then return to the main menu to start a new game, it keeps some things from the old game. The only way to be sure is to quit PoTC entirely, start it up again, and select "New game" straight away. Certainly if pressing F11 fixed the problem then it has to have been due to still using the obsolete perk definitions.
I know some stuff is initialized when you start ENGINE.exe and some when you start a New Game.
Maybe the perks list is initialized when you start ENGINE.exe and it isn't properly (re)initialized upon New Game?
If so, perhaps that is something that should be changed.

Maybe the perks list is initialized when you start ENGINE.exe and it isn't properly (re)initialized upon New Game?
If so, perhaps that is something that should be changed.
There's not much point unless everything can be set to properly re-initialise upon New Game. Otherwise even if the perks list is fixed, it will still be the case that the only way to get the game properly initialised is to quit PoTC, start it again, and go straight to New Game.

At least the perks list can also be re-initialised with F11, which means you don't even need to start a new game, you can continue an existing game. It just means you lose all your old "Ship Defence" perks, don't get any ability points back, and neither you nor any of your officers have any of the new perks.

@Grey Roger - Thanks.
The new perks were fine after I started the new game - they were only messed up when the Ayahuasca was used on the officers? Seems to be a problem ith the code for the action of taking the drug - not initialization of the perks system.
Hope this helps.

Unfortunately I can't confirm that. I didn't go to Aruba to buy the drug but I did find the code which is used when an officer takes it and is lucky enough to have his mind unlocked. So I rigged "console.c" to apply it to one of my officers, as well as modifying the code so that it always unlocked his mind. The result was that he got access to all the perks listed for the "super-officer" in "init_officers.c", and the perks list was not messed up.

Could you upload a savegame in which the problem occurs?

Back