• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

permanent items

rockbox

Landlubber
howdy,i completed the CoAS questline and the flying dutchman,and then my game crashed and some how the save wouldnt work,so i had to delete it.yeah,im very upset but anyway,i was wondering if anyone can help with a thing or two.please help!

--First,i wanna know how i can but those cursed pearls in a chest on the shore of amatrice and it wont dissappear,or anywhere that i can reach them without doing the "save the city" missions.just anyway similar would be help.

--Next i would like to make that big ol storm in CoAS a little less furious.like to where you can have more control of what direction your swimming in so you dont float helpessly about,making you oh so aggravated.

yes,i know it may be tedious but i just got so far and now have to start over,which im sure plenty of us had that problem.

any help on what to do would be much obliged!thanks!

<!--quoteo(post=336338:date=Jul 10 2009, 01:48 AM:name=rockbox)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rockbox @ Jul 10 2009, 01:48 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=336338"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->howdy,i completed the CoAS questline and the flying dutchman,and then my game crashed and some how the save wouldnt work,so i had to delete it.yeah,im very upset but anyway,i was wondering if anyone can help with a thing or two.please help!

--First,i wanna know how i can but those cursed pearls in a chest on the shore of amatrice and it wont dissappear,or anywhere that i can reach them without doing the "save the city" missions.just anyway similar would be help.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
The cursed pearls are the coins in the code IIRC. You can just give them to yourself. As far as someplace they won't disappear from, your chest on your ship and a few chests in the game are permanent. I'm just not certain which of the chests are all permanent. I'm sure someone will have an answer eventually.

<!--quoteo(post=336338:date=Jul 10 2009, 01:48 AM:name=rockbox)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rockbox @ Jul 10 2009, 01:48 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=336338"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->--Next i would like to make that big ol storm in CoAS a little less furious.like to where you can have more control of what direction your swimming in so you dont float helpessly about,making you oh so aggravated.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
That would be changes in the code relating to that mission specific storm. I'm uncertain where that code is located but there is another thread in which just this subject is discussed.

<!--quoteo(post=336338:date=Jul 10 2009, 01:48 AM:name=rockbox)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rockbox @ Jul 10 2009, 01:48 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=336338"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->yes,i know it may be tedious but i just got so far and now have to start over,which im sure plenty of us had that problem.

any help on what to do would be much obliged!thanks!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Hopefully that helps and if I find any additional information I will get it posted here ASAP.

Cap'n Drow

so no one likes to answer any of my topics...

that swimming thing is hanging me up now, too. that's probably the most sadistic thing I've ever encountered since the lost era of ridiculous pixel hunting back in the day. i'm totally disoriented coming out of the tartarus, i have no idea how to figure out which of these ships is the diffendwhatever, and i turn right, which is basically meaningless since your pov requires you to find the ship and the second you turn your head around you're totally screwed on orientation. and once that happens, boom!...gone. no way home.

curious, what's the fastest time someone's made it to the USS Pull My Nails Out (escape ship)? Oh, and how in the heck do you surf these waves from hell?

Back