• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Permission about Combined Mods v1.8

Josuviz

Landlubber
Hi pirates! I have a story to tell you from Spain.

Time ago, in the (best) spanish forum about CoAS, I saw posted comments about the MOD Com. Mods v1.8. Then, I see (and Download) the Combined Mods v1.8 from http://www.moddb.com/mods/city-of-abandoned-ships-combined-mods/downloads/combined-mods-v18-full . I installed the MOD, and I saw great and good changes, and overall, a very hard and good work. Today, I am working on a Spanish humble MOD for the Spanish version of Age of Pirates: CoAS, (humble MOD, because i dont know something about programming, but I know how I can do some easy changes editing files). And then, I would like take some models, animations and textures, from "CMv1.8", but i cannot do something like that without the authors' permission (because my conscience is so, xD).

I have been looking for the possible MOD's authors, and Pieter Boelen said me that the CMv1.8 was made by various members from this community. So, I want ask your permission to take some, models, animation and/or textures to set up in my MOD. Of course, if ALL OF THE AUTHORS is according to this request, I will be pleased to present all of you as a participants in the intro, leeme, special thanks... as you wish.

Thanks you for your time, and due to I am not a english native speaker, sorry for my level of english and possible grammar mistakes. Greetings!

Hello!

The Combined mod is a collaboration of several authors and asking here was the right idea! I think it's ok if you wish to use certain things from the CM in your own mod. Just be sure to give the CM mod credit for anything you might be using.

I think Luke159 will agree to this too, right Luke? ;)

By the way, 1.8 is very old, we haven't had a chance to update it to the latest version yet. We are currently up to 3.1. I suggest you d/l 3.0 here and the patch, here.

Pirate talk now in Spanish!

Holla,

Preguntar aqui fue una buena idea, muchos de los que trabajan en el CM estan en este foro. Creo que esta bien que uses unas cosas de CM 1.8, solo te pido que nos des el credito por lo que desides usar. Ademas, 1.8 es una version muy vijea, en este momento estamos en 3.1. Esatvamos muy occupuado con el CM como para combiar la pagina en Moddb, espero que pronto lo haremos. Los links de la nueva version esta abriba.

I have no problem with you using anything from the community mod(s) Josuviz, in fact it would be nice to see the work been ported over to the Spanish version. :onya

Hi again.

Ok, thanks to both of you so much!.

Just be sure to give the CM mod credit for anything you might be using
Officerpuppy, Do you refer to clarify that the authorship is yours? Of Course, there wont be problem with that.
I am surprised, because, I didnt know that the latest version was the 3.1!!! OMG, hahahaha, I'll download it this weekeend. Thanks for the links, and was very kind of you wrote me in spanish, and also, I want to thank to Luke159, for his comment.

Again, sorry for the possible grammar mistakes. If sometime, someone cannot understand me, please, ask me a better explanation. Greetings!

No problem bud, i hope you have as much fun playing the game once its all converted as we did in putting it all together. CMV3.1 is a much improvement on CMV2. Alot of hard work went into that and we are very pleased with it and will work on making further improvements as and when we find the time. :onya

@ OP

You know me so well. xD:

Noe i'm going to have some fun and test some more. :keith

@ Josuviz

No, not every thing in there is mine, just a reference to the Combined mod is enough. I hope you enjoy 3.1, it's vastly improved from the version on the Moddb.

@ Josuviz

No, not every thing in there is mine, just a reference to the Combined mod is enough. I hope you enjoy 3.1, it's vastly improved from the version on the Moddb.

Thanks, I'm looking forward to enjoy it.

But, im a question about v3.1. There are two files, the MOD (1,7 Gb) and the patch (100 Mb.), but In the v1.8 only was a installer. I could guess why, but im not sure the purpose of that, and then, why there are 2 files now?, im just asking out of curiosity. Thanks for all. Greetings.

Here's CMV3 exe version and you then need to apply all the files from the patch here. CMV3 Patch 1 over CMV3. My suggestion would be install CMV3 into a folder on the desktop then unzip the patch and update CMV3 with the files from the patch. We hope to combine the patch and CMV3 into a single installer one day. :onya

Here's CMV3 exe version and you then need to apply all the files from the patch here. CMV3 Patch 1 over CMV3. My suggestion would be install CMV3 into a folder on the desktop then unzip the patch and update CMV3 with the files from the patch. We hope to combine the patch and CMV3 into a single installer one day. :onya
Hi again. Thanks luke for the explanation.

I've tried to download the 1,7Gb file several times, but always i have had a problem in order to download completely (lack of time, lost connection, ...). So, There be some way to download the "gigafile", downloading parts of itself? I will try to explain better, because i dont know wether I have wroten correctly.

Using programs as WinRar, you can divide "big files" into several "smaller files", and then, you can upload those parts in a individual way: the people who want download it, can do it in several "sessions". Although i hadnt explain it so well, im sure that all of you know what I have wanted to say, lol.

Thanks so much for your time.

EDIT: O_O, sorry guys, i found a way to download it!, lol. I didnt think it before, but, i looked for a "download manager", and the problem was fixed, because I could stop the download and started it again whenever I wanted, thanks to the program. lol. Sorry for the snap post.

Edit 2: I found some grammar mistakes...

Back