• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

personal flag

You've got Build 14 Alpha 9.5 Patch 3? Because it's gotten rather different since the Different Flags mod.
The method is still the same: use the TX Converter to convert the TGA.TX files to TGA, edit them, then convert back.
Before the Different Flags mod, the file was RESOURCE\Textures\flagall.tga.tx and the personal flag is the one to the left of the US one.

With the Different Flags mod, you can find the flag textures in RESOURCE\Textures\Flags.
perflg#.tga.tx and perpnt#.tga.tx are the flag and pennant files used for the personal flags.
# is a numeric value indicating the relevant time period.
There is seven personal flags in each of those files and you can select the chosen flag with a
sl.(sn).start.Flags.Personal = ?; line in the appropriate PROGRAM\Storyline\[Storyline].c file.
? here is the number of the flag, counted from the left of the file. Note that the first flag has number 0.

As an example, imagine you want to give Johan Elting, main character in the Assassin storyline,
the flag of Amsterdam as personal flag. This storyline starts in 1665, which falls in "The Spanish Main".
This is Period #2. This information can be found in PROGRAM\Periods.c.
This means that in this case, perflg2.tga.tx and perpnt2.tga.tx will be used.
The flag of Amsterdam is the third flag from the left, so that corresponds with index 2.
You then add the sl.(sn).start.Flags.Personal = 2; to the storyline's file.

The above example already is the default, so you don't need to do that, but you can modify it as you please.
Note that you'll need to modify both the flag AND the pennant to match.
The final updated personal flags and pennants have been finished today by Thomas the Terror.
They aren't in any patch yet, but you can find them here: http://www.pyratesahoy.com/potc/Thomas%20the%20Terror/flags%20good.rar

Eventually there will be an interface, similar to the "Choose Sails" one that allows you to pick your personal flag
from all 7 options that are available per period. However, until such an interface is made, it must be done manually through code.

so if i have a picture like my avatar, all i have to do is change it to a TGA.TX and rename it so it will be the personal flag of the period i want?

Uhm... nooo. First you take the file you want to change, convert it from TGA.TX,
add your personal flag instead of the one that's in there, then convert back.

Back