• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Spoiler Peter Blood quest glitch

Kara Korsan

Sailor
Hello,

So, now we're out trying to get Arabella back. We moor at the secluded bay, kill the two guys at the shore, board the ship, slaughter the mooks and do some back-and-forth with...Pedro? Anyway, the game wrests the control away from me for the rest of the scene, which never plays out. Probably because Peter isn't physically aboard at the time. In fact, due to my personal tendency towards keeping my officers out of all that boarding action by default, my character is completely alone on board. Now, figuring the sensible course of action would be talking Peter into joining any future boardings, I tried to initiate conversation with him, upon which he greeted me with a completely empty dialog box, so I cannot switch him to active boarder. Is there any other way I can change the boarding behavior of my officers? That would help in some other instances as well; for example, I just picked up Nigel Blythe at level 30 something. The guy's also level 39 yet still has 50 HP, which I figure is a fixed number, no matter how far I'm into the game when I pick him up. Hard to do anything with him while everyone else in the party has five to fifteen times that much HP. Yet since he doesn't have the generic officer dialogue, I cannot order him to stay back while daddy cleans house, so he's out of the shore party altogether at all times.

Maybe a button on the Passengers screen to switch them on/off individually? Maybe even a hotkey? You think something could be done about this? Because as it stands, I'll have to abandon the quest for now and it'll stare deep into my eyes whenever I open my logbook.

Thanks in advance.

I don't see the larger idea of adapting the interface being picked up, interface stuff can be fiddly and tricky :shrugso I guess that's why it's done through dialogue, but it shouldn't be too difficult to reset Peter Blood. Can you post a saved game from the shore or thereabouts - you will need to zip it to get the forum to accept it. Compile.log would be useful too to confirm what version you are using and see where the quest is up to in code cases completed.

Whoops. I've already moved on, I'm afraid. Went back to an earlier save, changed his boarding behavior and proceeded with the quest. No problems now. Still, if anyone cares, Peter's dialogue glitches out during that quest so you cannot give him any orders. Besides, since Arabella's deck doesn't really operate on actual boarding mechanics (as in, your crewmembers don't accompany you), maybe it's best if the quest doesn't treat the area as a boarding zone? Like, the area could load like any land area so it wouldn't care whether any of your companions have their boarding disabled. Don't know anything about modding myself, but these guys have done SO MUCH that such a thing doesn't really sound far-fetched. At any rate, a boarding toggle on the passenger screen would be useful in any situation. Yesterday I discovered that I can actually ransom my prisoners via the passenger screen. Or execute them. Or set them free. A toggle sounds really simple after seeing that, but who knows.

@Bartolomeu o Portugues: Another one for you?

Maybe a button on the Passengers screen to switch them on/off individually?
It can be done through console at least:
Code:
characters[GetCharacterIndex("Bartolomeu o Portugues")].AbordageMode = makeint(1); // or should this be 0? Not sure which way the code works on this one...
(Don't let the character ID fool you; this IS actually Peter Blood. :wp )

Back