• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Pintel bug

VanessaHudgensFan

Freebooter
Banned
I think I have discovered a new bug here.

When I must hire Ragetti and Pintel in Tortuga in the Jack Sparrow (Hoist The Colours champaign) storyline and reload the part again where Ragetti and Pintel standing Pintel just disappeared and I can't complete the quest anymore because Pintel has to talk to me to hire them. I've uploaded a save file and if you load it he'll disappear. I have uploaded no error logs yet because there isn't a message there is a error or something about this or is have missed it.

Greetz,

VanessaHudgensFan

Attachments

• Pintel.zip
    730.3 KB · Views: 123
It did work the first time but after you reloaded it went wrong?
Or does it go wrong always?

I wonder.... If you save while some sort of quest case is executed, I suspect that information is not saved with it and it might break the quest.
Of course there are only very few instances where you could even trigger this, because most quest cases do not have large delays during which you could potentially save.

So I think I have discovered the code who needs to be changing to make Pintel a passenger just as Ragetti. If Pintel is a passenger and act the same way as Ragetti does I think this problem is solved, isn't this? After the first munity scene on deck you never see them again, but I don't know what needs to be changed to make Pintel a passenger. Here is the code to make things easier :)

Code:
//-->CTM (adding Pintel and Ragetti)
            Pchar.quest.Find_Ragetti_and_Pintel.win_condition.l1 = "location";
            Pchar.quest.Find_Ragetti_and_Pintel.win_condition.l1.location = "Tortuga_town_01";
            Pchar.quest.Find_Ragetti_and_Pintel.win_condition = "Find_Ragetti_and_Pintel";
        break;

case "Find_Ragetti_and_Pintel":
            changeCharacterAddressGroup(characterFromID("Ragetti"), "Tortuga_town_01", "goto", "goto22");
            changeCharacterAddressGroup(characterFromID("Pintel"), "Tortuga_town_01", "officers", "reload19_3");
            pchar.quest.Beckett = "Ragetti_Join";
            characters[GetCharacterIndex("Ragetti")].Dialog.Filename = "Ragetti_dialog.c";
            LAi_SetActorType(characterFromID("Ragetti"));
            LAi_ActorWaitDialog(characterFromID("Ragetti"), pchar);
            LAi_ActorDialog(characterFromID("Ragetti"),PChar,"",10.0,1.0);
        break;

case "Find_Ragetti_and_Pintel2":
            pchar.quest.Beckett = "Pintel_Join";
            characters[GetCharacterIndex("Pintel")].Dialog.Filename = "Pintel_dialog.c";
            LAi_SetActorType(characterFromID("Pintel"));
            LAi_ActorDialog(characterFromID("Pintel"),PChar,"",10.0,1.0);
        break;

case "Find_Ragetti_and_Pintel3":
            SetOfficersIndex(Pchar, 2, getCharacterIndex("Ragetti"));
            LAi_SetOfficerType(characterFromID("Pintel"));
            LAi_SetImmortal(characterFromID("Pintel"), true);

Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Pintel")].dialog.currentnode = "First time";
            Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Ragetti")].dialog.currentnode = "First time";
            Pchar.Rag = "1";
            PChar.quest.Muerte = "just_landed_for_treasure";

I need to play trough this part first to tell exactly where it goes wrong. From what I can see what happens here is:

You need to go to tortuga.
When you are there pintel and ragetti are placed there.
Ragetti is given a dialog and after a little delay he should talk to you.
Now I assume in this dialog the next part is initiated.
Pintel is given a dialog
With a little delay he starts talking to you.
Then again I asume in the dialog the next part is initiated.
Ragetti is set as an officer on spot 2
Pintel is set as a officer type and immortal
Theire dialog nodes are changed.

So my guess is what is going wrong is they are set differently. Also I think Ragetti should be set to immortal too right, so my guest is some copying went wrong here.
Try to make the last part this:

Code:
LAi_SetOfficerType(characterFromID("Ragetti"));
LAi_SetImmortal(characterFromID("Ragetti"), true);
SetOfficersIndex(Pchar, 3, getCharacterIndex("Pintel"));

Chara.......

I have no idea if this works and no time to test it, but it might work.

So replace this:

Code:

with this:

Code:
LAi_SetOfficerType(characterFromID("Ragetti"));
LAi_SetImmortal(characterFromID("Ragetti"), true);
SetOfficersIndex(Pchar, 3, getCharacterIndex("Pintel"));

Must I start a new game to check if it works, as it works Pintel will become a passenger in spot 3 right?

Could you please upload the fixed file here so pieter can include this in the new WIP update?

Here ya go ;)

Hey do you include my name too when you or Pieter said who fixed it? We have do this together haven't we? I have finded the code en test it and you change it ;)

I'm glad I could give my contribution to the game :)

Attachments

• Fixed Pintel Bug.zip
    52.2 KB · Views: 121
Why not?
Code:
- Storyline Updates:
  . Hoist the Colours Storyline Pintel Passenger Bug fixed by VanessaHudgensFan and Levis
:doff

Why not?
Code:
- Storyline Updates:
  . Hoist the Colours Storyline Pintel Passenger Bug fixed by VanessaHudgensFan and Levis
:doff

Thanks, if the Larrouse quest is finished and working I think I'm gonna start uploaded the files for those side quests in Jack Sparrow :) Can you use these too for the next mod :)

I'll test it first before uploading it to see if there are any things left that don't work :)

Actually I'm working on getting all sidequests in all storylines so you can choose to enable them or not. but untill then its fine if you try to add them like this :).

Was totally forgetting about this but the dialog of Pintel must be changed a little too after make him a passenger so here it is, now everything is as it has to be ;)

Attachments

• Pintel Dialog.zip
    7.6 KB · Views: 105
Back