• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Pirate hunting for G-G?

whispa

Landlubber
Hey there. I think I'm missing something obvious, but I got a pirate hunting mission from the port royal governor-general (don't have letter of marque yet.) Seems like a standard mission, but is there some sort of secret trigger? I've tooled around Jamaica entirely both in x6 time compression in sailing mode and also on the big map, talked to the tavern owner and port controller. Killed a bunch of pirates, but apparently not the one I need. How do I find the right one?

Thanks!

Hey there. I think I'm missing something obvious, but I got a pirate hunting mission from the port royal governor-general (don't have letter of marque yet.) Seems like a standard mission, but is there some sort of secret trigger? I've tooled around Jamaica entirely both in x6 time compression in sailing mode and also on the big map, talked to the tavern owner and port controller. Killed a bunch of pirates, but apparently not the one I need. How do I find the right one?

Thanks!

The pirate you're after flies under normal flag, not pirate...he'll show pirate flag only if you get close enough. Anyway, with "sail to" option sail to any of the ships that appear after you enter sea mode from the port, give it few seconds and if it's pirate it will attack you.

The pirate won't always attack you either. Sometimes you will have to send a boat over to the ship (a choice from the command menu when at sea). Usually the pirate crew is pretty obvious.

Sometimes they will just attack as stated above.

Cap'n Drow

Don't use the world map to find them since they do not show up that way, use as stated above sail to, and sail to every ship thats listed in the sail to option. If still no luck then start to sail away keeping close to the island and sail around the island, more ships will appear and one will be the pirate ship. 9 out of 10 times the pirate ship will be one of the ships listed in the sail to option when you first enter go aboard your ship.

Back