• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Pirate Promo Reward

aviator543

Landlubber
Storm Modder
Hi i didnt really know where to post this so sorry if its in the wrong place.

I was just testing out the pirate faction rewards and noticed the Dragons Hand sword reward wasnt working, i dont know if theres a reason you guys left it out or not but i thought i better tell you just in case. In the NK file just under the Pirate boarding models there was an extra Case1 line that was blocking the Action so just remove that and place these lines directly underneath the Pirate models.

GiveItem2Character(pchar,"blade34+2"); // Dragon's Head
EquipCharacterByItem(pchar,"blade34+2");

Oh and just a quick couple of questions... Does anyone think i would be a good idea to link the Pirate Faction to the other eras cos iv already set up the different ship rewards for different eras, are there any special pirate specific guns in game i could add as a reward and lastly would it be a good idea to add different equipment ie spyglass or cumpass as a reward for all the factions? it seems reasonable that as you advance in rank you would get given new and better equipment

thanx

You'd be welcome to extend the current reward system code; we never did fully finish it.

Indeed that pirate blade reward shouldn't use the same case number as the other stuff. I changed it to 2 in my game now.

You'd be welcome to extend the current reward system code; we never did fully finish it.

Indeed that pirate blade reward shouldn't use the same case number as the other stuff. I changed it to 2 in my game now.

thanx for the reply.

im having a bit of trouble placing an npc in nevis pirate town HQ to cross the Pirate Faction over the different eras, i can pretty much put him anywhere but where i want him. which file should i use to get him into the HQ?

thanx

The file doesn't matter, as long as you use the correct location ID and locator. What file are you using and what code are you putting in there?

I'm also not entirely sure what you mean with "crossing the Pirate Faction over the different eras"... :?

The file doesn't matter, as long as you use the correct location ID and locator. What file are you using and what code are you putting in there?

I'm also not entirely sure what you mean with "crossing the Pirate Faction over the different eras"... :?

From what i know you can only join the pirate faction if your in the colonial powers era.

Iv just started it from scratch and got it working now but thanx for the help. iv basically just plonked an npc in the turks town hall for all eras and modified Sao Fengs dialog for the them eras. im planning on trying to block him from spawning in the colonial powers era as well since theres no need for him. i know its only a tiny bit of coding but im pretty happy with it, you know what they say about simple minds lol.

Indeed that does make sense. Even in Colonial Powers, the guy would only be there in the Jack Sparrow storyline.
At the moment that's the only one there is, but eventually there might be more.

Back