• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Pirates of the Burning Sea Winback Offer!

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
[imgleft]http://lh4.ggpht.com/_cQOyQjTP3GY/S05gW6AufVI/AAAAAAAAAPM/CEiwnyYKS20/potbs-logo.png[/imgleft]Here's and interesting tactic I don't think I have seen before, over at Pirates of the Burning Sea, Flying Lab Software is giving any former players 28 days to play the game for free! They are giving former players the ability try out some of the new additions and content added to the game in hopes of winning them back. So if you have ever been a subscriber, head on over and have a look around, if nothing else, at least you get the rest of the month of February to play around! :onya

On February 5, 2010, former players of Pirates of the Burning Sea™ have been given up to 28 days of FREE play, allowing them to try out the new features we’ve implemented since they last set sail.

The period of free game-play described in this offer begins on February 5, 2010 at 12:01 AM PST, and ends on March 5, 2010 at 11:59PM PST. This offer is only available for Pirates of the Burning Sea accounts that have been closed and inactive since January 22, 2008, and is not available for accounts closed prior to January 22, 2008, current Pirates of the Burning Sea or Station Access accounts, or for accounts that were banned or were not in good standing when its Pirates of the Burning Sea or Station Access subscription previously expired.

You can read the rest and find out more info HERE!

What happened to this game exactly? I remember reading about it prior to release thinking it sounded awesome then it sort of just disappeared from the map after release.

few things happened i think,like pvp some wanted pvp everywhere others like me wished was none :razz
specially cause you could get ganged up on by 5 or 6 to 1 with no hope of winning unless you were just superman.and the land fighting was kinda slow and very repeative and lack of missions once you hit bout lvl 27 if i recall right and slow lvling starting bout same time.

but i only quit playing myself cause i lost my job so couldn't afford to pay.so i'll deffintly check out this free almost month. :sail

edit to say that it seems the new Sony station launcher seems to be tricky.if you are having problems you can follow the steps listed
here:
1. Right clicking on the game's icon (station launcher) and go to properties
2. Going to the compatibility tab
3. Clicking on "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and select XP Service Pack 2
4. Checking "Run this program as administrator" box if it is not greyed out
5. Clicking Ok
6. Right Clicking once again on the game's icon once again
7. Clicking "Run as Administrator" to start the game
this comes from the potbs forums which you need to be logged in to see or i'd just link directly to it hope this helps.

The concept of the game sounds great. But I've never heard anyone say anything good about it.. If anyone would like to sail with me, I'll definitely try it. If not, I'll keep my pvp pirating to EVE. -Fair and by.

well they're down to 2 servers now so shouldn't be hard to fund a society/guild to be a part of
i'm on as a brit but i think most on this forum play as pie rats :razz there's lots of fun in the game,it's just the down sides use to suck badly for some but others never had much problems,my main gripe is i am not a pvp'er so getting caught in pvp always sucked for me,i.e. the above mentioned 5v1 aka ganking as it's called in game.but you should def check it out.it has potential and they seem to finally be tapping into it. :sail

Back