• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Pirates of the Caribbean 4 goodies

Thomas the Terror

Mad Pirate
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
As all of you know, Disney has began with producing a fourth Pirates movie, the first of a second trilogy. After a teaser by Jack Sparrow aka Johnny Depp on a Disney congress and vague stories about the new plot, some new material has emerged.

The first one is a photograph of a new lego minifigure:Captain Jack Sparrow

The second goody is a teaser with Jack Sparrow talking about his new adventure. No, this is not a fan dressed up as, but the one and only Johnny Depp: Warning! The article is written in Dutch, press on the videoplayer to play the teaser

What do you think? Does it have potential?

It might be alright if they go back to whatever formula they used to make the original so good, but knowing Disney, it'll be something mediocre yet again. It's high time those folks learned that most of their sequels scream "I'm a sequel!" right from the get go, and that maybe they ought to outsource the work to somebody else.

They just seem to totally ignore character development and go hog-wild on special effects. Would be nice if there's an actual, fleshed-out story this time around.

Or maybe I'm just too picky. xD:

Or maybe I'm just too picky. xD:

Nope mate, you hit the nail on the head! Armada of the Dammed is probably going to suffer from the same thing as well. The one thing that may save this one is the fact that the story is actually at least partially based on a book, however with Disney involved, I really doubt it will make much of a difference. I can't wait for the gratuitous "Disney Digital 3-D" special effects shots! :rolleyes:

Jack promises it will be character centered. However I shiver at the words mermaids and zombies.... We already had 2 undead enemies...

Mermaids? I don't mind those, as long as they're the pretty alluring type from myth and not the ugly dangerous type.
Zombies? That sounds REALLY, REALLY bad! As far as I'm concerned, they'd be VERY welcome to tone down the supernatural stuff.
What I DO want to see is lots of fun character interaction and outwitting going on between Jack and Barbossa;
that would make for great entertainment. And give us that fleet-vs.-fleet battle that AWE promised but didn't give us! :whipa

That PotC LEGO sounds REALLY fun. I LOVE LEGO! :dance

Zombies? That sounds REALLY, REALLY bad! As far as I'm concerned, they'd be VERY welcome to tone down the supernatural stuff.
What I DO want to see is lots of fun character interaction and outwitting going on between Jack and Barbossa;
that would make for great entertainment. And give us that fleet-vs.-fleet battle that AWE promised but didn't give us! :whipa
Too right, they've already gone crazy with the supernatural- they need to bring things back down to earth a little.
Jack and Barbossa fighting was one of the best parts of AWE (I liked the spyglasses xD: ), so I'd like to see more of that!
As for a huge multi-ship engagement, it's about bloody time they had one! Enough 1v1 already! The ending of AWE could have been so much more EPIC if the armada had just decided to actually fight! Cowards!

That PotC LEGO sounds REALLY fun. I LOVE LEGO! :dance
I'll second that! :woot
I even tried to make a proper ship (age of sail that is) using LEGO, but I had limited resources, so it didn't look as good as it could have done.

Spyglasses indeed! HILARIOUS! I was also looking forward to seeing the scene of them fighting over the Pearl's wheel,
based on a picture I saw before the release, but they removed that from the final version. :facepalm

And very much agreed with you on all accounts. The whole Pirate Lords part of the story makes NO sense to me AT ALL.
In the end, NONE of them have got ANY relation to the story, really.
Before seeing AWE, I thought it was an excuse to put lots of ships battling on the screen.
After seeing AWE, I found that apparently it wasn't, because while we did SEE many ships, the battle was AGAIN 1-vs-1!
I wonder if maybe they DID intend a proper huge battle, but ran out of budget and decided on a maelstrom as a (poor!) replacement instead.

I actually bought that nice Imperial Flagship from LEGO that was recently released.
She now adorns my bedroom back home. Very nice sight that.
Only problem with PotC LEGO: WHERE THE *** AM I GOING TO STORE IT? My room is already FULL of bricks and movies! :rofl

As far as I'm concerned, they'd be VERY welcome to tone down the supernatural stuff.
Um

Pieter, we are talking about POTC

You remember POTC

Undead Immortal Crew (and the undead monkey)

rescuing a captain from the eternal desert afterlife - and the single peanut meal

the beating heart in a locked chest

the bound godess of the sea . . .

you remember POTC

where do they have to go from there ....

If not Zombies that leaves Vampires

or Captain Barbosa the Apple Sucking Lich

(after all, its the wrong continent for Mummies)

SOME supernatural stuff as per PotC 1 is fine. That appeared like a pirate movie with supernatural elements.
But as the movies progressed, it seemed to me that the supernatural was getting the overhand.
AWE does not feel like a pirate movie to me.

http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/pirates-of-caribbean-on-stranger-tides/filming-in-hawaii

It looks like the Royal Navy joined the game again ;). No more of that fantasy ugly EITC, but blue and cream uniforms !

I wonder if they get much actual filming done - I mean, it's Hawaii! xD: Why bother working on a silly movie!

Back