• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Pirates Of The Caribbean ENGINE.exe stop working

Alec

Landlubber
Hi, I really need you help
(sorry if I post it in the wrong forum because I can't find Pirates Of The Caribbean Fourm, so bear with me please)

I just got this game. So I install the game everything went fine.
So I was in the main menu and when I click the New Game button it switch to the loading page.
I was on the loading page about four second (The loading thing still was move around). The loading thing stop moving on the loading page, than the whole game crash to desktop.
Here is the log if you need it
my system spec
Window 7
64 bit
Intel Pentium
need more info, feel free to ask me

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: ENGINE.exe

Application Version: 1.0.0.1

Application Timestamp: 3ef1cbef

Fault Module Name: sea.dll

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 3ef6d1c4

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 00001704

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 798b

Additional Information 2: 798b721ec63ac417413789cee3581260

Additional Information 3: 8e61

Additional Information 4: 8e619a84c41f9b975d994d4081a938a5

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

I also use SUA Standard User Analyzer and it still crash
here SUA log
engine.exe
RegSetValueExW: Key (\REGISTRY\MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\MediaResources\DirectSound\Speaker Configuration) requires 'KEY_SET_VALUE' access. This access was restricted to trusted users when the application called RegOpenKeyExW with 'MAXIMUM_ALLOWED'. If the application were running as a standard user, the call to RegOpenKeyExW would succeed, but this call to RegSetValueExW would fail.

AcLayers!+68e5d37b ( @ 0)
AcLayers!+68e5d5ed ( @ 0)
AcGenral!+67c1266a ( @ 0)
DSOUND!DirectSoundCreate+2927e ( @ 0)
DSOUND!DirectSoundCreate+2924a ( @ 0)
DSOUND!DirectSoundCreate+291de ( @ 0)
DSOUND!DirectSoundCreate+28947 ( @ 0)
DSOUND!DirectSoundCreate8+70 ( @ 0)
SoundService!DMAInterface+f9c ( @ 0)
SOUND!DMAInterface+344 ( @ 0)
ENGINE!+434380 ( @ 0)
ENGINE!+40a0e8 ( @ 0)
ENGINE!+40ba4a ( @ 0)
ENGINE!+40a18e ( @ 0)
ENGINE!+40ba4a ( @ 0)
ENGINE!+40a18e ( @ 0)
ENGINE!+40ba4a ( @ 0)
ENGINE!+40a18e ( @ 0)
ENGINE!+40ba4a ( @ 0)
ENGINE!+402d16 ( @ 0)
ENGINE!+402eda ( @ 0)
ENGINE!+403c64 ( @ 0)
ENGINE!+414772 ( @ 0)
ENGINE!+43abe0 ( @ 0)
ENGINE!+44f996 ( @ 0)
kernel32!BaseThreadInitThunk+12 ( @ 0)
ntdll!RtlInitializeExceptionChain+63 ( @ 0)
ntdll!RtlInitializeExceptionChain+36 ( @ 0)

engine.exe
RegSetValueExW: Key (\REGISTRY\MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\MediaResources\DirectSound\Speaker Configuration) requires 'KEY_SET_VALUE' access. This access was restricted to trusted users when the application called RegOpenKeyExW with 'MAXIMUM_ALLOWED'. If the application were running as a standard user, the call to RegOpenKeyExW would succeed, but this call to RegSetValueExW would fail.

AcLayers!+68e5d5ed ( @ 0)
AcGenral!+67c1266a ( @ 0)
DSOUND!DirectSoundCreate+2927e ( @ 0)
DSOUND!DirectSoundCreate+2924a ( @ 0)
DSOUND!DirectSoundCreate+291de ( @ 0)
DSOUND!DirectSoundCreate+288c6 ( @ 0)
DSOUND!DirectSoundCreate+62 ( @ 0)
quartz!DllGetClassObject+1408d ( @ 0)
quartz!DllGetClassObject+139d5 ( @ 0)
quartz!DllGetClassObject+134fc ( @ 0)
quartz!DllGetClassObject+13d67 ( @ 0)
quartz!DllGetClassObject+13ca5 ( @ 0)
quartz!DllGetClassObject+86a8 ( @ 0)
quartz!DllGetClassObject+855e ( @ 0)
quartz!DllGetClassObject+10d50 ( @ 0)
quartz!DllGetClassObject+1cafe ( @ 0)
quartz!DllGetClassObject+1caa7 ( @ 0)
amstream!+691d7b8c ( @ 0)

engine.exe
RegSetValueExW: Key (\REGISTRY\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Direct3D\MostRecentApplication) requires 'KEY_SET_VALUE' access. This access was restricted to trusted users when the application called RegCreateKeyExW with 'MAXIMUM_ALLOWED'. If the application were running as a standard user, the call to RegCreateKeyExW would succeed, but this call to RegSetValueExW would fail.

AcLayers!+68e5da12 ( @ 0)
AcLayers!+68e5dc00 ( @ 0)
AcGenral!+67c125b6 ( @ 0)
d3d8!ValidateVertexShader+118c0 ( @ 0)
d3d8!ValidateVertexShader+1190e ( @ 0)
d3d8!Direct3DCreate8+89e ( @ 0)
d3d8!ValidateVertexShader+db96 ( @ 0)
verifier!VerifierGetProviderHelper+ce0d ( @ 0)
vrfcore!VerifierTlsSetValue+20b ( @ 0)
ntdll!RtlQueryEnvironmentVariable+241 ( @ 0)
ntdll!LdrResSearchResource+a36 ( @ 0)
ntdll!RtlLookupAtomInAtomTable+435 ( @ 0)
ntdll!LdrLoadDll+7b ( @ 0)
KERNELBASE!LoadLibraryExW+1f7 ( @ 0)
KERNELBASE!LoadLibraryExA+26 ( @ 0)
kernel32!LoadLibraryA+31 ( @ 0)
ENGINE!+43ee5c ( @ 0)
ENGINE!+43f0c4 ( @ 0)
ENGINE!+41466a ( @ 0)
ENGINE!+43ab67 ( @ 0)
ENGINE!+44f996 ( @ 0)
kernel32!BaseThreadInitThunk+12 ( @ 0)
ntdll!RtlInitializeExceptionChain+63 ( @ 0)
ntdll!RtlInitializeExceptionChain+36 ( @ 0)

engine.exe
RegSetValueExW: Key (\REGISTRY\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\DirectDraw\MostRecentApplication) requires 'KEY_SET_VALUE' access. This access was restricted to trusted users when the application called RegOpenKeyExW with 'MAXIMUM_ALLOWED'. If the application were running as a standard user, the call to RegOpenKeyExW would succeed, but this call to RegSetValueExW would fail.

DDRAW!ReleaseDDThreadLock+4e37 ( @ 0)
DDRAW!ReleaseDDThreadLock+5146 ( @ 0)
DDRAW!DirectDrawCreate+4b ( @ 0)

engine.exe
RegSetValueExW: Key (\REGISTRY\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\DirectDraw\MostRecentApplication) requires 'KEY_SET_VALUE' access. This access was restricted to trusted users when the application called RegOpenKeyExW with 'MAXIMUM_ALLOWED'. If the application were running as a standard user, the call to RegOpenKeyExW would succeed, but this call to RegSetValueExW would fail.

DDRAW!ReleaseDDThreadLock+4e50 ( @ 0)
DDRAW!ReleaseDDThreadLock+5146 ( @ 0)
DDRAW!DirectDrawCreate+4b ( @ 0)

In Standard User Analyzer log it also says Access Was Restricted To Elevated and The Application Was Denied Assess To An Object (a hip of times)

Sorry about so much log (but I don't know which log you need)
I also tried SwitftShader with no luck
My game is install to Program Files (x86)

I use to play game on my broken computer.
I tried disable the antivirus and run as administer but did not work
Thank you for your time to read this

Attachments

• compile.log
    458 bytes · Views: 305
  • system.log
    374 bytes · Views: 288
Last edited:
Hi, I really need you help
(sorry if I post it in the wrong forum because I can't find Pirates Of The Caribbean Fourm, so bear with me please)

I just got this game. So I install the game everything went fine.
So I was in the main menu and when I click the New Game button it switch to the loading page.
I was on the loading page about four second (The loading thing still was move around). The loading thing stop moving on the loading page, than the whole game crash to desktop.
Sorry about so much log (but I don't know which log you need)
Welcome! You are, in fact, in the "Pirates of the Caribbean" forum, and you've found the right part of it.

The game produces log files of its own. Look in the main game directory for "compile.log", "system.log" and possibly "error.log".

I also tried SwitftShader with no luck
My game is install to Program Files (x86)
That may not be responsible for this problem but will probably cause other trouble if you do get the game working. It is better to install "Pirates of the Caribbean" (and other games, for that matter) somewhere else. On my own PC I have created the folder "C:\Games" and have installed "Pirates of the Caribbean" there.

As to the crash: what sort of graphics card do you have? If you have no graphics card but are using embedded Intel graphics then SwiftShader is obsolete, there's a better fix for Intel graphics available.

Do you have any anti-virus software running? Some versions can cause the game to crash.

Hi
Thanks for replay in fact I have AVG free antivirus
How do I find out what graphic card do I have? and do I post the in game log

You can have a look at common problems here: http://www.piratesahoy.net/wiki/new-horizons-faq/#4-my-game-doesn-039-t-work-now-what

Since you DID get into the main menu, it does sound like the infamous "Intel Graphics" problem.
If so, install this to your main game folder: http://www.moddb.com/mods/potc-build-mod/downloads/intel-graphics-fix

Be sure to also Enable Error Logging to generate the "compile.log", "system.log" and possible "error.log" that Grey Roger mentions:
http://www.piratesahoy.net/wiki/new-horizons-faq/#how-to-enable-error-logging
That should give us more information to work with. :doff

You can have a look at common problems here: http://www.piratesahoy.net/wiki/new-horizons-faq/#4-my-game-doesn-039-t-work-now-what

Since you DID get into the main menu, it does sound like the infamous "Intel Graphics" problem.
If so, install this to your main game folder: http://www.moddb.com/mods/potc-build-mod/downloads/intel-graphics-fix

Be sure to also Enable Error Logging to generate the "compile.log", "system.log" and possible "error.log" that Grey Roger mentions:
http://www.piratesahoy.net/wiki/new-horizons-faq/#how-to-enable-error-logging
I also install Intel Graphic Fix but didn't work
Thanks heres the log you requested

Attachments

• system.log
    374 bytes · Views: 283
  • compile.log
    458 bytes · Views: 283
Last edited:
Welcome! You are, in fact, in the "Pirates of the Caribbean" forum, and you've found the right part of it.

The game produces log files of its own. Look in the main game directory for "compile.log", "system.log" and possibly "error.log".

That may not be responsible for this problem but will probably cause other trouble if you do get the game working. It is better to install "Pirates of the Caribbean" (and other games, for that matter) somewhere else. On my own PC I have created the folder "C:\Games" and have installed "Pirates of the Caribbean" there.

As to the crash: what sort of graphics card do you have? If you have no graphics card but are using embedded Intel graphics then SwiftShader is obsolete, there's a better fix for Intel graphics available.

Do you have any anti-virus software running? Some versions can cause the game to crash.
Thanks Here's the file you requested, I tried disable the antivirus and run as administer but did not work

Attachments

• compile.log
    458 bytes · Views: 309
  • system.log
    374 bytes · Views: 279
There is virtually NOTHING in those files at all! Are you sure the game is installed correctly? Where did you get it from?
Do you have a screenshot of the files in your main game directory? Check also the total size of the game folder.

I do remember there are game versions out there with corrupted MODULES folders for some reason.
That is why I included ALL those files in our modpack. So you can try to install the mod and see if that helps anything.

Did you install the game in program files? That will crash it for sure.
There is virtually NOTHING in those files at all! Are you sure the game is installed correctly? Where did you get it from?
Do you have a screenshot of the files in your main game directory? Check also the total size of the game folder.

I do remember there are game versions out there with corrupted MODULES folders for some reason.
That is why I included ALL those files in our modpack. So you can try to install the mod and see if that helps anything.
Thank you to everyone for helping me to solve my problem. I have install PotC in c:\game, install New Horizon and Intel Graphic Fix (it was the graphic fix that really help to solve my problem) and Thank you for you quick responds. I also disable my antivirus.
Cheers, now I can sail the seven seas

Last edited:
You can have a look at common problems here: New Horizons FAQ | PiratesAhoy!

If so, install this to your main game folder: Intel Graphics Fix file - Pirates of the Caribbean: Build Mod 13 for Pirates of the Caribbean

New Horizons FAQ | PiratesAhoy!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> This Solution Work to me in this year 2021 + System w10 x64 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Back