• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Pirates Prosperity - not working anymore

Farvi

Landlubber
Hi,

I am new to the Forum. In the Past I read a lot here, but be course I could not sign in, it wasn´t possible for me to post any experiences I made with this CoAS. Happy now that the new member selection is back. Finally! :dance

At the Moment I am testing GoF 2.0 with the 2.09 patch. So fare, i can say the stability has much improved considered to the GoF 1.2 mod. An amazing work! - I really enjoy it.

Actually I have a problem with the Pirates Prosperity quests which you can get at random in taverns.

I don't know why the pirates make no more offers to me. Never, tested it alot. I could not find any solution how to fix it. Even after I looked into the "PsHero.c " script, I don´t know what went wrong with my game. :(

Any help or solution would be much appreciated. :thumbs1

Hey bud, good to hear that your having fun and the mod is more stable than GOF 1.2.:onya

The minimum class ship requirements for captains approaching you was increased, this was done for a few reasons.
1. Because all ships have been re-rate, this was to spread the ships out more through classes 1 to 7.
2. It was done to give you more chance to focus on making money and building your skills up without the constant hounding of captains offering you jobs each time you entered the taverns.
3. Taking a class 6 ship (this was the minimum ship requirement to have jobs offered to you) made life very hard because your skills was so low and you was normally out classed by enemy ships and troops.
4. If playing with realistic ship encounters and realistic ship purchase both on, then you would have to work hard to build your rank up before seeing higher class ships.
5. And the final reason, as the store starts out, you have only just been promoted to captain, yet when ever you entered a tavern and a captain approached you, they knew you. Didn't make sense since you are at that point an unknown captain. So it gives you chance to build your fame up (even though fame really isn't in the game).

But get yourself a class 5 ship and you will start to have captains approaching you with opportunities.;)

Ok. sorry for the misunderstanding. The problem is another. Let me explain it better.
I got the missions first and I made 2 or 3 of them in my actually game. But I declined one later and now it seems they are lost for me forever for all Pirates in all Towns.
At the Moment I am at Lvl 20+ and I use ship class 2 and 3.

I attach my save game. Maybe u can say if it is a bug, or what messed up with my game.

Attachments

• Farvi Jamaica Port Royal Residence 1.rar
    825.6 KB · Views: 92
I'll take a look, I will have to make a fresh copy of COAS to install GOF 2 and the patch 2.0.9 before I can test it out, so it could be tomorrow now before I give an answer to this problem.

Back