• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

pirflag3

kaizerkat

Freebooter
Recently, i've been getting these ( pirflag3.dll ) crashes. Now, i have spoken about these fluttering shapes i get, which i think has to do with the sails or flags, when i am on the sea, but i really get them when i am in battle and i point my cannon at them and all of a sudden i get these colored shapes. What i did notice was this single vertical line in my veiw and thats when i know i'll get those fluttering shapes. Sometimes it will cause my game to crash and i get a pirflag3.dll cause of crash message.I have a nvidia geforce 210 card and tried to adjust the settings so that the game won't crash as much. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• compile.log
    12 KB · Views: 72
  • system.log
    4.3 KB · Views: 77
that could actually be a very important part of a puzzle we're trying to solve, namely the cause of that fluttering. whenever i could make out any details of the bug, it was always a pirate flag of some sort.

Has anyone ever seen this before?
SHIP: Up trace error, ship GAFFBOOMGALEOTH
SHIP: Down trace error, ship GAFFBOOMGALEOTH

Other than that, I see nothing of interest in the log files. :(

sounds promising morgan. I will post the next error log when the crash happens, which won't take long, cause i'm about to start sailing again.

Has anyone ever seen this before?
SHIP: Up trace error, ship GAFFBOOMGALEOTH
SHIP: Down trace error, ship GAFFBOOMGALEOTH

Other than that, I see nothing of interest in the log files. :(

That is the ship that causes "bleeps" in my game. :yes

That is the error message I get. :modding

I believe that ship's hull was modified at some point, which somehow caused the beeping. :facepalm
It's a problematic ship, and I think we're due to remove it in the next release.

There's no cabin on that thing. It's a re-rigged stock game ship. The beeping probably started when Seb added the detail to it.
Editing a ship in the TOOL is what causes the beeping problem. However, it only happens sometimes and quite randomly, apparently.

Anyway, we better get rid of that ship altogether then. :yes

Actually, there IS some sort of block on the stern which I assume is to resemble some sort of cabin, which certainly wasn't on the stock model.
There's a chance that the model wasn't correctly put back into the game after it was edited, which could have caused the beeping.

man, last night i had all kinds of different reasons for crashes and i reported all error messages. Most common crash is the transition between islands(land ho) and when i leave the ships deck and go to sea. Most of those are sea ai.dll crashes anyway. But that pirflag3.dll crash bothers the most cause it happens when i'm battling on sea and it seems always next to a fort, very rarely out at sea.Anyway, here are the error logs.Oh yeah, still can not figure out how to get rid of those flutter like goemetrical shapes i get when i am out at sea, especially when i am engaged in battle. I tried different settings with my nvidia 210 card but no go.Any thoughts?

Attachments

• error.log
    10.5 KB · Views: 72
  • compile.log
    143.1 KB · Views: 65
  • system.log
    49.5 KB · Views: 58
.Oh yeah, still can not figure out how to get rid of those flutter like goemetrical shapes i get when i am out at sea, especially when i am engaged in battle. I tried different settings with my nvidia 210 card but no go.Any thoughts?

Check this thread for latest situation on this --->>> http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/17697-flag-locators-repair-project/page__view__findpost__p__397504

:drunk

I've never had a crash yet, unless i messed around in BuildSettings.h or InternalSettings.h and goofed something up. But if my game loads fine(when those crashes normally happen for me as mentioned) then while playing i never have any issues. You did the installation correct and everything? used the updatefile.exe thing(i forget it's name, but the instructions are in the pinned threads somewhere) etc? Good luck and thanks for the log files - they have proven useful in highlighting that problem ship it seems :)

3. Full Version Installation Instructions
This file is to be installed on top of Build 14 Beta 1 Full.

To install, please follow these instructions:
1 - Install Build 14 Beta 1 Full, following the instructions in the installer and allow it to run RunMe.bat (if you haven't done so already)
2 - Install Build 14 Beta 1 Patch 6 Full to your main game folder
3 - Run Rename.bat in your main game folder
4 - OPTIONAL: Tweak the controls and the game's settings to your liking in the Options menu
5 - Start a new game, select a storyline and ENJOY!

Point 3 is the one i was meaning.

Back