• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

player carry weight

rockbox

Landlubber
hi folks,i searched everywhere and cant seem to find a single topic about the players max carry weight.i would like to increase it using script or any means but dont know where or if even possible.i played thequest with the pearl divers and shortly ran out of space but i wished i could save all my loot.please,if theres any way to help please let me know and teach me.
many thanks!

Well, you can mod your char to have unlimited weight if you want. I'd have to go hunting for the code section to modify. Just keep hunting and search the forums here, I'm sure it's been discussed previiously.

Cap'n Drow

[quote name='Cap'n_Drow' date='17 June 2010 - 10:01 PM' timestamp='1276830088' post='371159']
Well, you can mod your char to have unlimited weight if you want. I'd have to go hunting for the code section to modify. Just keep hunting and search the forums here, I'm sure it's been discussed previiously.

Cap'n Drow
[/quote]

that'll work fine i just seek a solution to having such a small carry weight (in my opinion that is)
i'll keep looking but im not sure exactly what to search i mean everything i type gives little results and its not the search engine its just my searching.

Here ya go...this should do it...if not well, I'm close
you'd want to change Program\characters\RPGUtilite
Code:
        int iBonus = 0;
if (IsCharacterPerkOn(_chref, "Grus")) iBonus = 30;

to
Code:
        int iBonus = 0;
if (IsCharacterPerkOn(_chref, "Grus")) iBonus = 60;
or whatever...

then to get the text of the ability to reflect the changes change
RESOURCE\INI\texts\russian\AbilityDescribe

Code:
Grus {Strongman}
perkGrus {
Lift an extra 30 lbs. 
}

to

Code:
Grus {Strongman}
perkGrus {
Lift an extra 60 lbs. 
}

or whatever

and that should do it...good fortune!

I don't know if this work for you. I do not have the CMV3 with CMV3.1 install.
Now then in your program folder : OPEN Mod_on Off file look for this line:

// Killed body clear
#define MOD_DEAD_CLEAR "On"
#define MOD_DEAD_CLEAR_TIME 100 // in sec.

#define CHAR_ITEMS_WEIGHT 999999.9 <---- This Line change the number it was 70 before.

#define InstantRepairRATE 65.0

weightw.jpg

Thanks guys i appreciate yall gettin back to me on this subject.

FireBat, yes i stumbled upon this file on my own eventually and changed it but it seemed to do nothing in game,even after starting a new game.

yellow-dog, i have not yet tested this method but i will and see if it works.if so,thank you! if not,thanks for your time :onya

I'm thinking about adding a 'backpack'. This item would allow the character to carry an extra 50 in weight. Any thoughts on how to make this work?

Thats a damned good idea FB. It could be implemented by an item which adds carrying capacity by being in your inventory. Just one suggestion on implementation. Your weight capacity is a modifiable statistic you know. **grins**

Cap'n Drow

Back