• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

player carrying weight and character stats

rockbox

Landlubber
If it's possible to modify the player characters carry weight capacity how would i go about doing that?

i was told it can be done but if anyone can help me in this it would be greatly appreciated.
thanks

Hi, you can do it by editing the file called RPGUtilite.c, wich you can find in C:\Program Files\Playlogic\Age of pirates 2\Program\characters (C:\Program Files (x86)... if you have 64 bit O.S.). Open it with the notepad and search for this int GetMaxItemsWeight(ref _chref). Now, where it says ibonus = iBonus + CHAR_ITEMS_WEIGHT + GetCharacterSPECIALSimple(_chref, SPECIAL_S)*(GetCharacterSPECIALSimple(_chref, SPECIAL_E) + 12 - MOD_SKILL_ENEMY_RATE); you must add two "/" after the "=" and before iBonus + CHAR.... It should look like this:

iBonus = //iBonus + CHAR_ITEMS_WEIGHT + GetCharacterSPECIALSimple(_chref, SPECIAL_S)*(GetCharacterSPECIALSimple(_chref, SPECIAL_E) + 12 - MOD_SKILL_ENEMY_RATE);

Now you must add any value from 0 to 4294967296 like this:

iBonus = 10000;

You must add the semicolon ; after the value. This will increase the max carry weight of every character (enemy, friends, yourself, etc.) to the value you specify.

I hope it works for you :D.

Greetings.

P.D.: if you want to get the default value, you must delete the value you specified and the two "/". There must be only one semicolon at the end of the line, so be careful.

A better way would be to just add whatever value increase you want in the existing calculation.

iBonus = iBonus + 50 + CHAR_ITEMS_WEIGHT + GetCharacterSPECIALSimple(_chref, SPECIAL_S)*(GetCharacterSPECIALSimple(_chref, SPECIAL_E) + 12 - MOD_SKILL_ENEMY_RATE);
return iBonus;

Back