• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Playing with the build11 and had some problems

lbm1006

Landlubber
It's me again and I'm now playing with the build11 mod.I think this really is a great mod for add so many incredibly new stuff into the stock game,yet I've met some problems and looking for some help.

First,when I start the game,the main menu doesn't play any music at all like the stock game,and in-game when I press F1,the music just stopped.I wonder if it's a bug or the mod just edit the program that way purposely?

Second,when I talk to the loanshark,somehow he doesn't speak any voices and just keeping the mouth shut all along.Not a big problem but it's really annoying......

Third,I used to play games in window,and the text size in the dialog screen is WAY to small for me.How can I change the text size to a bigger one or just restore them to the stock game?

Finally I wonder why every time when I press the "HoistFlag",the game crashed immediately.

I don't recommend you play something that is so outdated and hasn't been updated for quite a while. You should stick with the latest build if you want to avoid bugs.

I don't recommend you play something that is so outdated and hasn't been updated for quite a while. You should stick with the latest build if you want to avoid bugs.
Well I know there is a newer mod called "New Horizon",but as a nostalgic player I'd prefer to play a mod that stick to the stock game as close as possible...:ninja

Well I know there is a newer mod called "New Horizon",but as a nostalgic player I'd prefer to play a mod that stick to the stock game as close as possible...:ninja

Yes, I understand you. Don't know if it's supported anymore, that may be a problem.

It's me again and I'm now playing with the build11 mod.I think this really is a great mod for add so many incredibly new stuff into the stock game,yet I've met some problems and looking for some help.

First,when I start the game,the main menu doesn't play any music at all like the stock game,and in-game when I press F1,the music just stopped.I wonder if it's a bug or the mod just edit the program that way purposely?

Second,when I talk to the loanshark,somehow he doesn't speak any voices and just keeping the mouth shut all along.Not a big problem but it's really annoying......

Third,I used to play games in window,and the text size in the dialog screen is WAY to small for me.How can I change the text size to a bigger one or just restore them to the stock game?

Finally I wonder why every time when I press the "HoistFlag",the game crashed immediately.
See if there are log files "compile.log", "system.log" and "error.log" in the top level of the game installation folder - especially after the crash when you press "HoistFlag". If so, can you upload them? I've no idea whether Build 11 generates those files, but if it does, they may help to find the cause of the problems.

See if there are log files "compile.log", "system.log" and "error.log" in the top level of the game installation folder - especially after the crash when you press "HoistFlag". If so, can you upload them? I've no idea whether Build 11 generates those files, but if it does, they may help to find the cause of the problems.
I'm afraid there are no such files that you mentioned exist in my installation folder:(

Attachments

• 20210707230903.jpg
    20210707230903.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 100
What is in that "reports" folder? Perhaps Build 11 puts something useful in there.

Otherwise, sorry, there's nothing I can do. I have no experience with Build 11 - by the time I found this forum, many years ago, the mod had progressed to Build 12, and I didn't play that for long because Build 13 was released shortly afterwards.

What is in that "reports" folder? Perhaps Build 11 puts something useful in there.
It's an empty folder with no any files.

Otherwise, sorry, there's nothing I can do. I have no experience with Build 11 - by the time I found this forum, many years ago, the mod had progressed to Build 12, and I didn't play that for long because Build 13 was released shortly afterwards.
Could you tell me how close Build13 sticks to the stock game?Maybe I should directly upgrade to Build13?

It's been a long time since I last played Build 13, but from what I remember:
  • The Caribbean is expanded. The original islands are still there and so are some new ones based on the real Caribbean. I can't remember if the original islands still have their original names, e.g. Oxbay from the original is still in Build 14 but renamed Barbados, so I can't remember whether Build 13 calls it Oxbay or Barbados.
  • Stock game ships are still in use.
  • There is still only the original storyline in which you start by working for Silehard and end up going after the Black Pearl. You can continue the game after you have defeated the Black Pearl, though as that was one of the earliest mods, you're probably already doing that in Build 11.
  • There are more sidequests available than in the stock game and probably more than in Build 11.
What I do remember is that Build 13 was very stable. The only reason I upgraded to Build 14 was that I'd played the same storyline and same selection of sidequests once too often and wanted to try my luck with the new stories in Build 14.

It's been a long time since I last played Build 13, but from what I remember:
  • The Caribbean is expanded. The original islands are still there and so are some new ones based on the real Caribbean. I can't remember if the original islands still have their original names, e.g. Oxbay from the original is still in Build 14 but renamed Barbados, so I can't remember whether Build 13 calls it Oxbay or Barbados.
  • Stock game ships are still in use.
  • There is still only the original storyline in which you start by working for Silehard and end up going after the Black Pearl. You can continue the game after you have defeated the Black Pearl, though as that was one of the earliest mods, you're probably already doing that in Build 11.
  • There are more sidequests available than in the stock game and probably more than in Build 11.
What I do remember is that Build 13 was very stable. The only reason I upgraded to Build 14 was that I'd played the same storyline and same selection of sidequests once too often and wanted to try my luck with the new stories in Build 14.
That helps me a lot!Thx:cheers

The Caribbean is expanded. The original islands are still there and so are some new ones based on the real Caribbean. I can't remember if the original islands still have their original names, e.g. Oxbay from the original is still in Build 14 but renamed Barbados, so I can't remember whether Build 13 calls it Oxbay or Barbados.
Build 13 still uses the original names.

Back