• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Please Help

JasonPrice

Landlubber
Hey guys new here.

So I have recently brought a stock copy of Potc because I could not find it anywhere online to purchase. I have followed every possible installation guide possible to get it to work on my Pc. And all i get is a error message saying please login to admin privileges. If I dont get that message then nothing happens what so ever. Any ideas???

I'm surprised you haven't had that message before since admin privilege is needed to install anything!

Which operating system are you using? And which folder are you trying to install PoTC to? By default it will probably want to go into "Program Files" or "Program Files (x86)", which is going to cause trouble even if you do manage to install it. During installation, when it asks you where to install, send it somewhere else - I always use "C:\Games" for game installations, so for me it ended up in "C:\Games\Pirates of the Caribbean".

This is when trying to install the original game, right?

What folder are you trying to install to? I always recommend C:\Games\Pirates of the Caribbean as Windows Security does not generally care about that one.

That being said, the installer also writes something to the registry, for Admin Rights may be required.
So then the question is: If the computer is yours, then you must have an account with admin rights, right?

Thank you for the reply. Yes it is my pc I have installed it to my C:\Games file as another post recommended me to do so, I am running windows 7 and i keep seeing post that say I cant run it but then I see another saying I can.

currently at the moment when I tell Potc yes the original nothing happens. I am trying to get the original to work so i can then tackle installing the new horizons mod, which I have been wanting to do for about a year now.

Just out of interest is there anywhere I can buy the original straight to pc rather then having a hard copy?

What anti-virus software are you using? For that matter, where did you buy the game?

How about the anti-virus software? Some people have had trouble with installing PoTC because of their anti-virus software.

I use something called commodo But I basically turned it off when installing it

it seems to install just fine, it literally just does not load up or anything. I see a lot of other people saying they click new game and then a crash but for me I my game will not even open

Back