• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Port Orange on Jamaica???

I've sailed around the ENTIRE ISLAND of Jamaica now, and can't find it. I never get the moor icon.

There is no port for this town. It is inside the island. Moor at the most western point of the island and go inside. But be carefull if you are an english enemy - there may be an english patrol on the beach.

Actually historicaly there was a spanish city, not Dutch. Port Orange is put there for game balance. At the beginning Jamaica was colonized by the spanish but after many years of war the english succeeded to drive them out. All the other cities seems to be historicaly accurate.

I believe the mooring is called Cape Negril and it's on the southern side of the western most portion of the island.

Agree with Handel on the historical inaccuracy. If they wanted more balance for the Dutch they should have created St Eustatius or more settlements in the Dutch Antilles or Recife on the Brazilian coast in the game. There are a lot more islands than they modelled in reality. Also Belize should be English after a time as well. Hopefully one day we can start historical mods like they did with POTC.

This is a good accurate historical chronology for any interested. http://faculty.smu.edu/bakewell/BAKEWELL/chronology.html

MK

Well, as I'm playing for Spain in the game, I'll make certain to capture it as soon as I can then lol.

Thanks. I was looking on the northern side of the western tip of the island because that's what the paper map indicated. I'll try south, though!

Well, I finally found it. However, my log book now indicates that I "missed" the ship I was supposed to meet. This game really needs to tell you more specifically what exactly it is you're supposed to do. It's one thing when a game is a puzzle to figure out. It's another when it throws you into the wilds with nothing short of a brief hint and a "good luck" lol.

So how do I find the moneylender's son now that I "missed" his ship? I'm doing the Spanish Inquisitor's quest.

Well, as I'm playing for Spain in the game, I'll make certain to capture it as soon as I can then lol.

Thanks. I was looking on the northern side of the western tip of the island because that's what the paper map indicated. I'll try south, though!

You cannot capture Port Orange. I think you can loot it but will not be able to keep it. Also I think it is not possible to capture the capitals too.

The best way I've found to find those elusive ships Matey, is to venture forward on map view just a half inch or and inch on the screen and then go to sailing mode. Once there, pull up your sailing options to view which ships might be close by. Once you see the name/flag of a ship you might be interested in, simply toggle it and voila, you're right there close to her. Keep doing that and you'll find her. Save before you get there, so you can go back to that point if you don't find her the first time out. ;)

MK

AH, I thought we could capture cities and forts after a certain point in the national quest line. Ah, well.

Well, what happened is that I was told to go to Fort Orange to take the son of the moneylender in Willemstad prisoner. However when I finally found the location, my log book updated saying that I had "missed" his ship, and that that "will be a problem..." lol. I saved after that, thinking that there must be another way to resolve the quest or it would have said so in my log book ("failed my quest," or something.) Is that not so? Or am I just doomed, now? Lol.

Thanks.

Back